Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how many text books?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:24 PM
  • 18 Replies

how many text books do your kids get?

Our kids (middle & high school) get a set for home, and a set for school.  The school set is kept in the classroom and shared with other classes.  

There are some classes that claim to be "green" with out text books... HOWEVER.... they have the kids print papers off the internet about 80 pages at a time.  

LOL  yeah THEY are green but we are not.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Holly.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Ugh..I just bought college text books and they are EXPENSIVE---even the used ones. He has 8.

Wyndi
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Quoting .Holly.:

Ugh..I just bought college text books and they are EXPENSIVE---even the used ones. He has 8.

Holly, I have to buy college text books X 2. I wish I only had to buy 1 set. LOL.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/PushMe  are you needing motivation to get things done? follow me to the Motivators group.  We'll help you get organised, motivate you to lose weight, help you be the person you want to be. Just tell them Wyndi sent you.

Wyndi
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:47 PM

We have one set. some classes have 3 or 4 books and you never know which one you'll need so you have to bring all books to class.

.Holly.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:49 PM

That's only first semester too. It's pricey!

j45505
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Not sure yet this year. But I like how your school is handling it. The idea of not needing to tote them back and forth is nice or losing a book because you only have one.  

christmas bells animatedChristmas Cafe bell ringer! Click the bells to join us and help keep them ringing!

supermom664
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:05 PM
My son will be renting his college text books

Quoting .Holly.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FlyHippie
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Um...well, since we homeschool, we get textbooks for every class, but we typically sell them back or hand them down to the next class or other kids...so we're as green as we can get! LOL!

Especially since we get the book and the teacher's book, etc.

.Holly.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:32 PM

We were going to go that route at first, but decided against it.  If there is any book he feels he may want to reference too in the future (mostly the music text books.. since that's his major), he'll hold on too..otherwise we'll resell after the semester.

Quoting supermom664:

My son will be renting his college text books

Quoting .Holly.:

SoniaL
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:33 PM

I don't know yet. I think most of DD's classes have books fo rin class and if you need one for homework oyu can take one home. but they don't hand one out to each student, i believe. I know her math teacher doesn't give them books.

tyfry7496
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:35 PM
My son has 1 textbook, Geometry. The rest of his classes are all hands on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)