Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teen YOU

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:29 PM
  • 24 Replies

we all have teens... but once we too were teens.  If the teenage you (high school teen, say about 16) gots to take a peek at you today.  Specifically today.  

What would she think about what you look like, where you live, who you are married to or not married to, how many (and ages of) your kids, your job, and every thing you did today.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tuffymama
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:44 PM
Teen me would say, "why the hell did you give yourself away and silence your own needs for someone else's? Why did you stay in this town? Why did you marry that clown? And when the hell did we get old???" LOL. I would say, "without a peaceful, loving home, I had no way of hearing my own heart over the noise of pain and anger. I stayed because I got stuck. I got married because I was a pregnant teenager with nowhere to go. I got old because I got tired. But I'm doing better now, and teaching my kids better, and loving them better than I was loved. I'm being the parent I needed. Staying at home isn't our dream job, but it is a career more noble than the one I left. LO learned two colors today! And that was some real artistry in the kitchen at lunchtime. So life is pretty good. And don't sass me, young lady! Put down that cigarette!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PosinourHarmony
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:10 AM

16 me would say....I knew you could do it! I told you that you could do it that drugs and domestic viloence would NOT conquer you bring you down and make you a victim! I knew it would make you strong! It would jus take sometime and you need to hit rock bottom before you can reach the top! I knew you'd make a better life for you and your kids! Idk how you deal with all them bad ass kids and a whinny fiance lol! You've lost some weight girl you need to eat a sandwhich lol! Thought you didn't want any more kids cause you was doing such a horrible job with the 2 you have now? But look at my baby boys they are so big and grown up 16 me would start crying lol! I didn't think I would get to see them get this big and turn out so wonderful! I knew he would turn into the man you always wanted the man you loved so deeply the man who would sweep you off your feet. I jus knew deep down despite watever body said we would make it and he would live to grow old with me and raise our kids and watch them start careers and families of their own. But still in utter shock bout the other 2 kids lol! I would tell 16 me....you were right! Even though many times I didn't think you were many times I thought bout throwing in the towel and giving up. Many times I wanted it to all end right then and there many nights I wished the God would just take me and end the misery my kids would be better off with out me. But you were right and we made it and look at the life we have now! It's not the condo in New York but life is good! Now put down that blunt flush the coke down  the toliet straighten up before CYS comes for your kids and get your man the help he needs before everything turns for the worse at 17!!

mommyhonu
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:00 AM

The 16 yr old in me would have probably freaked and screamed "Holy Crap! You're still alive!?!? And with kids!"

I was in a deep depression when I was that age.

PurpleHazey
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:05 AM

If I was a teen today I would not make it, teens have to much responsibilitiestoday, they are exspected to be perfect and there is no room for mistakes. What I would like to know is how are they supposed to learn if they can not make any mistakes?

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:19 AM
I think teen me would be very pleased to know that I managed to make it out of my bad home situation and have a great life now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:58 AM

She would be shocked at my weight. Laugh that I still live in the hoouse I was raised in.Would be liking  the man I married. he's a fantastic guy.Would be surprised I only had 2 boys. Knows my job(being a nanny) is erfect for me. I started babysitng at age 10. Would be impressed at how much better relationship I have with my sons then she did with her mom.

KangaMomma
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:32 AM

She would be appalled at how much I weigh (heck, 40-something me is appalled at how much I weigh!) and would be surprised that I "only" have 3 kids.  And I think the age difference between my boys would be a big surprise, as well.  She would also be a little sad at our current financial situation BUT ... she would love my hubby and love that we've been married for 20 years!  :)

KeriAZ
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:09 AM

I would scream and run away!

FlyHippie
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Oh when I was about 16, I wanted to be FAR FAR FAR from my parents. I couldn't stand kids and i wanted to be an actress....

To peek at me now would be thoroughly disappointing to 16 year old me! LOL! There's no glitz or glamour or drama at all! LOL! I'd have also thought you were showing 16 yr old me the wrong person. No way was super cool me going to grow up, have a lot of kids, stay home and HOMESCHOOL them...ew. no. LOL!

charlotsomtimes
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 10:33 AM

What would she think about what you look like-   she'd think well great, still unnatractive and having wieght issues :(

, where you live- that where I live now is fine

, who you are married to or not married to- happy considering I never saw myself being married (since as a teen-i NEVER had a boyfriend and not because I didn't want one)

, how many (and ages of) your kids- I'd be surprised since I never wanted any kids then

, your job- Sad that what I had worked so hard for after high school didn't work out...nor did anything I tried after that...

, and every thing you did today.- ?  drinking coffe and being on CM? I guess I'd be surprised with the computer thing...we didn't have them then

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)