Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homework

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:29 PM
  • 9 Replies

I hope I am not the only parent whose teenager has an issue turning in her school work.  She gets the work done, and then can't seem to turn it in on time.  When I check her progress report it shows a big fat 0.  I am a lot annoyed!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Zero's are not tolerated here.  One is allowed per semester.  After that she doesn't go anywhere or have the cellphone or computer for 2 weeks.  Its just not tolerated and yep, I would be very annoyed.  Zero's hurt grades SO much.  TOO much. 

FlyHippie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Yeah, I don't understand that! I never was a fan of doing my homework...but BY GAWD if I did it, I was for SURE gonna turn it in! LOL!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Quoting FlyHippie:

Yeah, I don't understand that! I never was a fan of doing my homework...but BY GAWD if I did it, I was for SURE gonna turn it in! LOL!

Right?!?!

I work in a high school and it seems to be a trend that I can not for the life of my comprehend, neither can most of the teachers. Even if the work isn't totally completed and a teacher is willing to give points for what they turn in, the students choose to take a zero.

My dd went through periods of this. I would tell her all the time 2/5 points is better than a zero.

tyfry7496
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:55 PM
I have the same issue with my son. It doesn't help that he has ADHD and needs constant reminders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunny1961
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:10 PM

My son was terrible at turning in completed homework - I fixed a binder with a 2-pocket folder in it for each class - the pocket on the left was for any permission slips, papers and assignments that had to come home, and the right pocket was for anthing that had to be returned to school - signed permission slips, notes, and completed homework. It worked great once he got use to carrying it to each class with him.

~~~~Barbara

momtolittleones
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:12 PM

My 16 year old does that. Frustrates me like crazy!!!!!!!!

PurpleHazey
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:53 PM

No, but this year Austin is in football so he has to have it done, and Paige is keeping up with it so far.

PurpleHazey
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Quoting tyfry7496:

I have the same issue with my son. It doesn't help that he has ADHD and needs constant reminders.

This is the first year so far that they are honestly making the time to do it.

pebbles6382
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:58 PM

my daughter use to do it last year all the time. i asked her why she wasnt doing her homework and she said she did it and left it in her locker or couldnt find it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)