Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

irritated

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:30 PM
  • 9 Replies

16 yr old daughter has a love/hate bff.  They are hot and cold... that alone drives me nuts.  Well the friend's family is having money issues.  I know this because they had to sell their home after only living in it for a year and are now renting.  So I get that.  But this girl is constantly using MY daughter's lunch account.  I understand if they were destitute... but they arent.  The money issues are more large scale and due to personal choices.  They "chose" to give up the house but send the oldest child to study abroad for a year.  They "chose" to give up the house but not the vacation home, boat, or motor cycles.  They "chose" to give up the house but buy a new car for mom so the dd in question can have her moms 5 yr old Lexus SUV for her 16th birthday.

so buy your own f'n food!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:33 PM

No doubt!   

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Oh, that would piss me off.  A lot of people with money issues are JUST like them too. 

cege
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:05 PM

That's obnoxious. 

PurpleHazey
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Drama, I just stay out of it when my kids are into the hot and cold crap. Remember when you were a teen the same thing happened.

PurpleHazey
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Quoting cege:

That's obnoxious. 

Yes it is.

drfink
by Emily on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Wow ,poor choices all over including what they are teaching their daughter about using other peoples money.

tyfry7496
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:56 PM
Tell your daughter to stop giving her account to her friend before she gets in trouble at school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermom664
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:27 PM
People in general spend their money on what they feel is more important to them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PosinourHarmony
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:28 PM

That is nuts! I'd be upset! Tell your daughter to stop letting her use her lunch account!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)