Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Senior pics

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:28 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

Finally, getting them done in 10 days.  DD hates getting pictures taken.  I did the 1 hour 3-4 changes (probably 3) for her.  My oldest did 2 hours and did 4 changes but it was a different studio.  We need to decide some different poses or backgrounds we see on their website she likes.  They have to be to the yearbook teacher by December 23rd. 

Now we have to go shopping some and get some outfits.  She will wear only jeans which is what my oldest did.  I don't mind all casual pics.  She will get makeup done professionally and her hair done, and a pedicure and manicure. 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Thats exciting! My sons turned out really well! He was allowed to bring props too! So his senior pic was with his guitar!

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:42 PM

That's cool I'm looking forward to my kid's senior pictures.

bizzeemom2717
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:07 PM
Lol, I forgot how much more goes into the prep for a girl! My DS's turned out great last year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gingersnap30
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:13 PM

We just received a phone call that my daughter's senior photos are ready. They use a black cape for the main yearbook photo, so they are all uniform, but there are 2 pages for each senior picture, and the cape is one. The other is of her in her jeans. We didn't buy a large package, only the wall portfolio for the high school wall, the proofs and the smallest package they offered. We weren't going to get a package at all, but the lady explained that with the smaller package the proofs are only $15 extra making it cheaper than buying only the proofs. They turned out so beautiful!! I will take her to a local park and take photos of her to have printed to give to her friends, though, and to put into her commencement announcements.

lovetocrochet5
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Awesome. We have til Jan to get our sons..

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM

You have to spend $399 to get a DVD.  My dd last time you had to spend $1500!!!  What a difference.  We didn't really shop around.  I know these will not be the high quality of my oldest dd but I know they will be nice.  I saw my friends dd that  got her's done where my youngest is going and they are really nice.  I have no idea how much we will spend.  I need a framed portrait like my oldest so they match as much as possible.  We need some 5 by 7 and 8 by 10's and my oldest got 120 wallets but I know my youngest needs less wallets. 

momof3angela
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:29 PM
I know her photo will turn out beautiful:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell81
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Can't wait to see them

drfink
by Emily on Nov. 11, 2011 at 12:43 AM

Good luck.

Glad you have seen their work and are happy with it.

.Our school picks the studio for the yearbook photos.The sitting is free but they will of course take outfits and poses so you will buy them.For one year they changed studios...my daughters year ugh... the pictures were just poor all very weird expressions.The next year went back to the studio my son had used and the shots were great .SMH

Justamom96
by Member on Nov. 12, 2011 at 1:33 AM

I took both mine to Walmart and did the 4.99 special and ended up ordering another 100 worth of pictures, but for that 100 we got so much more than what they would have gotten  by going through the potographer for the school, and they look just as good or better than the others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)