Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you do Christmas with family

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:35 AM
  • 8 Replies

We usually get everyone a gift since there are so few of us on my side of the family.  This year we decided to draw names and have dinner at my house since Thanksgiving was at my sisters.  

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:21 PM

My family celebrates on Christmas Eve. We go to my mom's. We buy a gift for everyone. We exchange gifts and eat dinner.

When we get home from my mom's we exchange our gifts, get the kids off to bed and "Santa" brings presents and fills stockings to be opened in the morning.

Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:23 PM
This year we are traveling for the holidays. I hate the family drama. Think I will do it early at my house.
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Since we are so far from family we are rarely home for the holidays so I'll get my dad something easy to ship and that's about it.  Sometimes we go the few hours to DH's aunt and Uncles house if we do we get them something small  This years plans are still very much up in the air.

atlmom2
by Susie on Nov. 27, 2011 at 10:52 AM
Just my brother and his family for my side so its easy. In laws, we just buy for Mil and Fil. I buy for my best friend and she buys for me and my 2 girls. I have a few white elephant or grab bag exchanges with groups I belong too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:21 AM

My family goes to my mom's on christmas eve (groan) and then we do christmas morning at my house with my family.

drfink
by Emily on Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Because my MIL has senile dementia and Alzheimer's I have Christmas for my husbands family at her house.80% of his brothers (he has 5 ) and families are selfish ,self centered ,lazy ,mean know it all...like their mom.We exchange presents...I would give coal to some if I could.

Then we go to either my sis's house or our house.We all provide parts of the meal.This year I think it will be Standing Rib Roast  and Salmon plus sides.We exchange presents with everyone..During the evening various friends of both families come by have deserts ,snacks and play board ,card or dominos games.

PurpleHazey
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Just us with my grandchildren, we play board games sing songs just have a good old time.

CharityS
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 3:10 PM
Family goes to my moms on Christmas Eve. I make Christmas cookies for everyone to take home. My sister buys everyone a scratch off lottery ticket, my brother does something different every year (it's something small) the young kids receive a gift or two. My mom buys every one gifts. Towels are the main gifts, the boys get socks and this year the girls are getting robes. Used robes from goodwill, mind you. Since my sister daughter and I have already seen them we are arguing over one with a hood LOL my mom is 83 she can afford to buy us nice gifts but we don't care, we will have a blast. They will even be wrapped in Christmas paper with duct tape, I kid you not. It is so funny! Christmas day everyone does their own thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)