Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teens and Alcohol

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:14 AM
  • 35 Replies
Would you buy your teen beer?
A son and his mother came to the store and he brought up a 40. I asked him for his id and he said it's not for me I was just carrying it for my mom.
Really? Your mom isn't capable of carrying a 40oz of beer? So I start to explain that by law he can not bring up the beer if he isn't 21. The fuckr didn't even let me finish exlaining! He said"Fuck You Bitch!" I told him he was stupid and I flicked him off which I know I shouldn't hae done.

So my question. Would you buy your teen alcohol?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:44 AM

Never have and never will. 

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:52 AM

I bought beer for my teens graduation party. It was a controlled environment. I and the few friends whose parents were in attendance were OK with it. Would I have walked into a store and bought it for them with them like a 40 oz NO. I think you need to get control of your temper before you get fired. You acted extremely immature !

atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Hell no.  I would never buy it for a graduation party EVEN for the adults present.  Its not the time for alcohol. 

smenjivar
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:07 AM
I said I KNOW I shouldn't have done that, but thanks for that little tid bit of info. *rolls eyes*

At home it's different, still ours ILLEGAL to provide minors with alcohol. Your other friends may have been fine with you giving THEIR children alcohol, but did you call the other parents and ask their permission? Yeah and I'm immature.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I bought beer for my teens graduation party. It was a controlled environment. I and the few friends whose parents were in attendance were OK with it. Would I have walked into a store and bought it for them with them like a 40 oz NO. I think you need to get control of your temper before you get fired. You acted extremely immature !

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Quoting smenjivar:

I said I KNOW I shouldn't have done that, but thanks for that little tid bit of info. *rolls eyes*

At home it's different, still ours ILLEGAL to provide minors with alcohol. Your other friends may have been fine with you giving THEIR children alcohol, but did you call the other parents and ask their permission? Yeah and I'm immature.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Did I call what other parents ? The on ly teens that drank were the 15 that had parents their. 6 being family. They didn't drink until the party was winding down and everyone other than family and a few close friends were there. If you are trying to elude that I am immaute How so?

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

rinaann
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:15 AM

i would if my son was an older teen like 16 up, but only if he was staying at home and not leaving and not getting wasted

i would rather my son drink at home around me and my husband than at some random party where he will be driving afterwards 

rinaann
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Also in many states it is NOT illegal if your child drinks at home and a parents buys them alcohol

im 19 and its legal for me to drink where i live because i am married to someone over 21 so i can legally drink

there are a lot of places that have it that if you are at home with parents its not illegal 

smenjivar
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:18 AM
By providing alcohol to minors, to be cool or to have a good time. Teens should be taught that you don't have to have alcohol to have a good time at a party.

That and I think people that add unnecessary comments other than just answering the question at hand is immature.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting smenjivar:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Did I call what other parents ? The on ly teens that drank were the 15 that had parents their. 6 being family. They didn't drink until the party was winding down and everyone other than family and a few close friends were there. If you are trying to elude that I am immaute How so?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
masastan
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:22 AM

My parents told my brother and I growing up that if we wanted to try any drugs or drink to let them know  and they would get it. Just by telling us that...kind of took the "fun" out of the idea of even wanting to do something stupid as a teen. They did, however, get a bottle of wine and let us try some when my brother had asked to try wine, but we were only given an amount equal to that of what we would get if we chose the wine cups for Communion at church. I might tell my kids the same thing but they don't like it when I drink, which isn't often, so I don't think it would really be an issue.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Quoting rinaann:

Also in many states it is NOT illegal if your child drinks at home and a parents buys them alcohol

im 19 and its legal for me to drink where i live because i am married to someone over 21 so i can legally drink

there are a lot of places that have it that if you are at home with parents its not illegal 

It IS illegal in my state and if it wasn't I still wouldn't provide it to my kids.

http://drinkingage.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=002591#chart2

Pennsylvania

Underage consumption of alcohol is prohibited with no exceptions.

18 Pa.C.S.A. ยง 6308 (64 KB)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)