Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feelings are HURT!!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:49 AM
  • 27 Replies
My 17yr old son girlfriend is pregnant and so am I. We are both due in like 3wks. His girlfriend, family is giving her a shower on today. My family and I was not invited. My feelings are hurt because we have bent our back backwards for this girl. My family did more for her been there for her throughout this whole Pregnancy. Its like a slap in the face.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:53 AM

It is.  I would stop being nice. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Quoting atlmom2:

It is.  I would stop being nice. 

I agree, I'm sorry they are being crappy to you.

MrsBLB
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Hugs momma, I'm so sorry!  I would be hurt also.

tmjay
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:00 AM
I know right. She's only 18 so I'm guessing she didn't have much say so. Since my family and I have taken her in as part of our family she should have had some say so. They could have at least invited me and my mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsBLB
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Do you get along with her family? 

Quoting tmjay:

I know right. She's only 18 so I'm guessing she didn't have much say so. Since my family and I have taken her in as part of our family she should have had some say so. They could have at least invited me and my mother.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:15 AM

wow that sucks! I'm sorry to hear that! 

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

They didnt invite you because they feel guilty that you are already doing more for this child than they have. They need a party to make themselves feel justified. Dont worry about it. They simply dont want you there because you remind them of what it really means to be family. 

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Hugs momma. They aren't a very classy bunch are they ? They are only hurting their DD by not inviting you and your family.I would not stop being nice to son's GF because of what her family did.

momofne
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Wow that is a slap in the face. I am so sorry {{{HUGS}}}

luckysevenwow
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:37 AM

If she isn't the one throwing the party, then I would not be upset with her. I would be upset with her family since they are the ones who have slighted you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)