Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else have the christmas blues?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:02 PM
  • 9 Replies

I sure do, I hope getting our christmas tree up will bring me up.

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Yes tonight I had a meltdown. This will be the 3rd year out of 4 my oldest son won't be home for Christmas. I'm just not feeling all Christmasy.

PurpleHazey
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Yes tonight I had a meltdown. This will be the 3rd year out of 4 my oldest son won't be home for Christmas. I'm just not feeling all Christmasy.

aww I am sorry..that would give anyone the blues.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:11 AM
I am but it's mostly because we are stuck in limbo not knowing if DH will make it home for Christmas. I know it shouldn't matter if it's a day or two after, him being home means this deployment is over, but im still struggling with it. Tree will be up next weekend, have to concentrate on exams today and next week, hopefully getting the decorations up will help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:53 AM

Mine aren't related to Christmas. I have been having health issues and it has made it difficult to get things done.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Quoting fammatthews4:

I am but it's mostly because we are stuck in limbo not knowing if DH will make it home for Christmas. I know it shouldn't matter if it's a day or two after, him being home means this deployment is over, but im still struggling with it. Tree will be up next weekend, have to concentrate on exams today and next week, hopefully getting the decorations up will help.

Praying he makes it home momma !

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

PurpleHazey
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:58 AM

Quoting fammatthews4:

The service is very hard on the holidays even if you are used to it, may he will be home keep the faith what ever should happen will happen.

mystauthormom
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:13 AM

Hi, sometimes the blues can be re-colored, I'[ve discovered, by using the deep recesses of your imagination to repaint. My children are grown and have their own family obligations and it gets too "political" trying to preserve our family traditions in light of their pressures so we back out. We see them after the holiday but in the meantime, I get sort of sad and wishing all the fun of their childhood time could be time traveled to now. So, I either recall my own childhood Christmases or write my own scenarios. In your head, pick and choose all the best things that ever happened at Christmas, make yourself  a character in your favorite hoiday movie etc. and use those happy thoughts as a defense. Life sometimes hands us troubles but we do have the amazing escape into imagination at these time. Maybe revert to some old time ideas like making your own gifts, making cookies together or designing (together) crazy gingerbread characters. Good Luck. Don't let the gremlins and grinches get you down. 

mystauthormom

momofne
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Yes I do. I think once I finish this last week of work and start putting stuff up I'll be a little more in the mood.

2stressed
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 3:04 PM

I really do.  I`ve tried to make sure no one else knows.  It's really hard to get excited about the holidays when I can't afford to buy my kids anything, much less for Christmas.  My mom said she would try to help me, but it's hard to see past the fact that I will lose alot of hours around Christmas which means less money.  I'm sure things will work out.  The sad thing is my kids know they will have to wake for tax refund in February to get anything.  We call it Tax Christmas.  It gives them something to look forward to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)