Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a theme for your tree?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:55 PM
  • 12 Replies

???

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Dec. 4, 2011 at 6:16 AM
I have two themes that I switch off with. The one this year will be my patriotic, Red White, and Blue theme. My other one is not really a theme but it consists of ally Hallmark ornaments and any other ornaments I've collected over the years. One day I'll just buy a second tree and put both up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurpleHazey
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:25 AM

Quoting fammatthews4:

I have two themes that I switch off with. The one this year will be my patriotic, Red White, and Blue theme. My other one is not really a theme but it consists of ally Hallmark ornaments and any other ornaments I've collected over the years. One day I'll just buy a second tree and put both up.

I know a few people who are using the patriotic this year...I think it is kind of cool.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:29 AM
This will actually be the 2nd year in a row for my patriotic one. Last year was the normal year, this year because DH will be home right before or right after Christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 4, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Nope just a mixed collection of ornaments that have been collected through the years.

PurpleHazey
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Quoting mumsy2three:

Nope just a mixed collection of ornaments that have been collected through the years.

That's what I do as well, my favorites are the ones my kids have made at school over the years.

momofne
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:40 AM

I haven't put mine up yet! I'm running about a week and 1/2behind!

momofne
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Not sure what I'll do this year. I usually just change it up a bit not really a theme.

Marie1205
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

My theme is called "The sh*t tree" it's filled with all of the sh*t they've made over the years and at 14 & 19 they insist must still be put on the tree.  LMAO  And our tree topper, which most people either have an angle or a star -  are you ready - is a Pinata of Optimus Prime Transformer but there is a story behind it.

My two DS (who I swear I did not drop them on their heads during infancy) bought me an Optimus Prime Pinata for my 40th B-day.  My B-day is early Decemeber.  They were given $ to buy me a present & card by my Fiance - for days they gloated about how they couldn't wait to give me my present saying this is the best birthday present evvvvvvveeeeeerrrrr.  Now I am a big time girly girl.  My hair is always done, my nails, I wear pink a lot, I like to shop and garden, I watch birds so when I opened my best birthday present "ever" I was shocked as I was like WTF is this?  My two darling and I mean darling sons thought it was great and couldn't understand why I was like WTF is this.  It sat on the mantel over the fireplace for a few days, which is next to where I put the tree.  So as we were decorating the tree with all of the "sh*t" they've made over the years I decided to retire the angle and shoved the lone branch up the butt of the Optimus Prime and dubbed the tree as the best Xmas tree "eveeerrrr".  It was absolutely hilarious and oddly enough it has become one of my favorite all time Xmas memories.  We did this last year as well and now that I have the tree up - both of my dorks, I mean sons, are asking for me to put Optimus on top.  I have a special box for Optimus and will be pulling him out later today to for a good laugh down memory lane.   

SweetMama823
by Member on Dec. 4, 2011 at 9:45 AM
Snowman theme
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Dec. 4, 2011 at 10:07 AM
I love it! My tree topper last year was Eeyore wearing an red, white, and blue outfit from one of my daughters Build-A-Bears. She had bought me Eeyore for Christmas last year but instead of wrapping him, she put him on top of the tree. I told her he couldn't stay because he didn't match the the. So she dressed him in that outfit and put him back up there. I think he's going back up there this year too.

Quoting Marie1205:

My theme is called "The sh*t tree" it's filled with all of the sh*t they've made over the years and at 14 & 19 they insist must still be put on the tree.  LMAO  And our tree topper, which most people either have an angle or a star -  are you ready - is a Pinata of Optimus Prime Transformer but there is a story behind it.

My two DS (who I swear I did not drop them on their heads during infancy) bought me an Optimus Prime Pinata for my 40th B-day.  My B-day is early Decemeber.  They were given $ to buy me a present & card by my Fiance - for days they gloated about how they couldn't wait to give me my present saying this is the best birthday present evvvvvvveeeeeerrrrr.  Now I am a big time girly girl.  My hair is always done, my nails, I wear pink a lot, I like to shop and garden, I watch birds so when I opened my best birthday present "ever" I was shocked as I was like WTF is this?  My two darling and I mean darling sons thought it was great and couldn't understand why I was like WTF is this.  It sat on the mantel over the fireplace for a few days, which is next to where I put the tree.  So as we were decorating the tree with all of the "sh*t" they've made over the years I decided to retire the angle and shoved the lone branch up the butt of the Optimus Prime and dubbed the tree as the best Xmas tree "eveeerrrr".  It was absolutely hilarious and oddly enough it has become one of my favorite all time Xmas memories.  We did this last year as well and now that I have the tree up - both of my dorks, I mean sons, are asking for me to put Optimus on top.  I have a special box for Optimus and will be pulling him out later today to for a good laugh down memory lane.   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)