Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ho Hum MOM - ADDITION TODAY- FOR ALL MY SISTER MOMS

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:49 PM
  • 64 Replies
3 moms liked this

I desperately miss the days when my kids wanted to spend time with mom. Now, they are teens and I am nothing but a bore and old. I miss being the coolest person in thier lives. I know they are doing what they are supposed to do. Going out into the world and making their way. I love being a mom and I miss the times the boys needed me. 

LADIES, Thank you all for letting me air my feelings about my kids lack of interest in their mom. Most of all, thank you for sharing your words, experiences, and joys you have about your own children. I love reading about teens who are not what the media and general public label them.....trouble seeking, nymphomaniacs, and futureless examples of unparented children. I have a house full of kids most of the time. Only two are my own. i have come to realize that our teens are going to be what we expect them to be. The kids I see are not any of those things I listed. They do care and are filled with potential. Like ourselves, they are trying to figure out their place in the world is. If we make them feel good about themselves they will know they have limitless opportunities. If we dont encourage and applaud them, they will follow the path thata is more entertaining. Please keep singing your children's praises and sharing your adventures. we all gain from it. Again thank you all and keep them coming.  

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
02nana07
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

One day you will be nana and you will be cool again : )

Cindy18
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM
I understand how you feel. Are you still having any family time? I make sure we do that from time to time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I try but I dont want to force it on them. we talk everyday and I have a good relationship with my boys but on long weekends ike this, I sit and think about how we used to be so excited to have more time together during the holidays and breaks from school. Now, they would rather be with their friends and I understand. I dont make them feel bad about. They arent allowed to go out during the school week so I get to spend time with them after school. I just miss the days when they couldnt wait to tell me about their day. 

Quoting Cindy18:

I understand how you feel. Are you still having any family time? I make sure we do that from time to time.

MrsBLB
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear ya...  hold on to the little time they do give you   : )

LoveLiz
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Mine just all got into my car and headed to McDonalds for an ice tea,

OutWest
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I not only miss that, I miss the days when I was right once in a while. 

nishiko
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I hear you mom, but it isn't about you. This space is a good thing for them. Kalil Gibran

bizzeemom2717
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Yep I love my lil grandbaby and being a Jen Jen :-)

Quoting 02nana07:

One day you will be nana and you will be cool again : )

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wagners7
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I'm in the same boat.  I miss it too.

wish2bdifferent
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Oh boy do I agree!   I don't like this one bit.  I have a 17 year old son and a 15 year old daughter.  I remember times we'd play all day and now I rarely see my son. He is working or with his girlfriend when he is not in school.  He looks at me like he does not need me in his life anymore. 

My daughter well we still go shopping cuz she likes when I take her out to eat and buy her victoria secret things!  So I still have her when she wants me.   I do miss the days she'd sit and do my makeup and hair.  I so loved that. 

I realize this is what happens when they grow up but it hurts.  It is like "now what do I do with my time?"  I started reading Karen Kingsbury books, getting caught up on things at home, etc.  Still hurts. 

I am dreading the college days that are soon to come!  My hubby and I don't have much in common so it is not like we will be doing things. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)