Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MY LAZY 17YR OLD DAUGHTER

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:53 PM
  • 13 Replies

THIS CHICK I SO LAZY, SHE DONT WANT TO DO ANYTHING BUT RUN THE STREET, TALK ON THE PHONE AND STAY ON THE LAPTOP. I HAVE TO TELL HER OVER AND OVER TO HELP OUT AROUND THE HOUSE THAN TO TOP IT OFF I TELL HER TO BE IN THE HOUSE AT ONE TIME AND SHE ALWAYS COMES IN A HOUR LATER, WHAT REALLY GOING ON ?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sunshine201
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:12 PM

hell no... if she cant follow rules ...I'd have the phone and laptop in my possesion. And as far as helping out around the house... my oldest has an issue with this also.. But I give him one thing to do a day and it seems to be working out.

bizzeemom2717
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Yeah, I think if she can't help you work around the house she hasn't earned the privilege of any phone or lap top time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM

What's really going on is you need to remove the phone and the laptop from her possession when she doesn't return home on time and then limit her "going out" time.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Yeah, I think if she can't help you work around the house she hasn't earned the privilege of any phone or lap top time.

I agree 100%.

iluv2meow
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:45 PM

blank stare

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 16, 2012 at 6:50 AM

I agree with what's already been said.

Take all the other stuff away until she does what you are asking her to do. If she comes in an hour late she doesn't get to go out the following weekend (or next time she asks). There needs to be consequences (good/bad) to her behavior (good/bad).

rkoloms
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this
My guess is that there are not any consequences for not listening. You need to stop yelling. If she comes home late, cut off her money/keys/etc. If she is abusing her phone, call your carrier and block all of the numbers but yours.
Do you get the idea? Just stay calm and serious, back up your words with actions, and she will shape up or move out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhaztas
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:00 AM
What is rally going on is that you are not following through on enforcing your rules. Take away that phone, laptop and freedoms....ALL OF THEM! once she proves herself you can give one st a time back. If she reverts take the privilege away again. Stand strong. Remember you want to raise a responsible independent productive citizen.
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Sounds like what is going on is no consequences. Take away phone and computer until the housework is done. She comes in late, she Has to be in even earlier next time. It happens again, she doesn't get to go out at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyhonu
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I agree, my son would lose everything if he can't help out and do his basic chores at home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)