Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do they lie about stupid crap???

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM
  • 14 Replies

Someone broke a glass.  I found out because I found a large piece of glass in the dishwasher.  I found no broken glass.  I asked 3 kids, who broke a glass and which one was it?  No one did it.  I didn't do it, hubby didn't do it and three kids pointed in three different directions. 

I told them I didn't care about the glass being broken, accidents happen, but I need to be told about it.  We have a cat and a dog and I worry about them getting all the glass up because sometimes the glass can scatter and they have no idea how far it went.  It can go about 20 feet across the floor!

Still, no one broke the glass.  Still can't find the broken glass.  COME ON!  I wasn't upset about the stupid glass until NO ONE wants to tell me which one it was!  Man I broke a glass last week and 3 kids came running.  I told them it was no big deal, stay out of the kitchen while I cleaned it up.  They've broken bowls, cups, plates and always told me.  Why not this tiem?

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tina51003
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Maybe it was a ghost!

Earlier this year SD lied about going to homecoming with a boy. She already had permission to go, but she made up some story about him having to go out of town with his parents so he couldn't go after all. It snowballed into a bunch of lies. She got in huge trouble for lying about something she had permission to do. In retrospect, she realized how stupid she was for lying.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:10 PM

She ever tell you why she lied?  I cannot seem to figure out why they lie about stupid crap that they are not going to get into trouble for!

Quoting Tina51003:

Maybe it was a ghost!

Earlier this year SD lied about going to homecoming with a boy. She already had permission to go, but she made up some story about him having to go out of town with his parents so he couldn't go after all. It snowballed into a bunch of lies. She got in huge trouble for lying about something she had permission to do. In retrospect, she realized how stupid she was for lying.

Madammeke
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Hey teenagers lie and yes their behavior can be stupid.

momofne
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:29 AM

It's their frontal lobe!! My girlfriend keeps reminding me it doesn't close until they are 24 or 25 (this is the reasoning part of the brain). So blame it on that LOL! And pray for early frontal lobe closing LOL!

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Practice for the real important  lies ?  LOL no idea . I think we all have experienced this though.

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:13 AM
My first thought was that maybe it broke in the dish washer so no one really did it, but with the glass missing I have no clue. It's beyond me why teens do certain things especially things like this that isn't a big deal until they start lying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tina51003
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:37 AM

She couldn't tell us why. But when we broke up her stories, she said she felt really dumb for lying, and that she can't believe she had to endure that punishment, when she in fact had permission. She said it will really make her think about the stories she's telling, because it was just so stupid. (She agreed that she deserved the punishment BTW)

Quoting fantasticfour:

She ever tell you why she lied?  I cannot seem to figure out why they lie about stupid crap that they are not going to get into trouble for!

Quoting Tina51003:

Maybe it was a ghost!

mommyhonu
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM

my oldest boys do this too ... I found an open box of cheese crackers that was all over the floor and no one took responsibility for it. Stuff like that drives me nuts! Your not alone!

luckysevenwow
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:10 PM

IDK, it just seems to be something they do. Mine are pretty good about telling the truth but every once and while they just seem to let one slip and it is usually over something stupid.

dandylynes
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Me too, I have had them break in the dishwasher and all the small pieces were in the bottom and I didn't see them at first.  But yeah, my daughter lies about the silliest stuff.  Not the big stuff yet tho.

Quoting fammatthews4:

My first thought was that maybe it broke in the dish washer so no one really did it, but with the glass missing I have no clue. It's beyond me why teens do certain things especially things like this that isn't a big deal until they start lying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)