Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 13yo keeps having CPS called

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:21 PM
  • 374 Replies
3 moms liked this
I don't know what to do. At first I thought it was the school. But after reading my daughters Facebook posts. I found out its been her. Everytime she gets in trouble, this time it was grounded 1 week from the playstation, playing after school with her friends, 3 days no phone, no computer. For her grades, her attitude, and lying. She goes to school and tells her friends I hit her. Her friends are going to the guidance office. And the are calling child protective services. I don't know what to do. She is getting very hard to deal with. I need some advise
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Playitagain
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:50 PM
60 moms liked this
I would contact the office and tell them your having problems with your daughter. Ask for a meeting because she is lying. My daughter is adopted and has a mental illness called RAD this causes her to lie about abuse to get her way (im sure you dd doesn't have it, it comes from years of abuse and neglect), anyhow that's what I did when I was put in the same situation. The school no longer contacts cps, they call her down and talk to her. Im not sure where you live so things legally can differ. But at 13 id be concered, I think I would also maybe contact the friends parents, but maybe not. I would be concerned that her friends are helping with this lie to me by now they should realize she is lying and no longer go to the consuler. I've worked in law for close to 20 years dealing as a child advocate and voice for kids who really come from abuse and neglect. Sit your daughter down and explain to her they can take her away and she will bounce from house to house the life of a family trapped in the system is a horrible one. I don't think they would remove her unless she can prove it with physical injury. It also important your daughter understands her fibs can cause kids who need to be saved to end up dead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:53 PM
59 moms liked this
Tell CPS to take her to treatment foster care? Counseling to find out why she keeps lying. A police officer to talk to her about what happens to people who keep filing false charges. I'd have them talk to her friends too. Soon, CPS will get mad for her lying and she will get in legal trouble.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:37 PM
68 moms liked this

Next time tell them to take her.

Alex825
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:55 PM
24 moms liked this

Does she realize that it is the child that is removed from the house and she goes into foster care while mommy and sister continue to live and sleep comfy at home while she sleeps with strangers. ??  My kids know exactly since they were lil that is what happens. They were like huh? "I'm taken away and mommy doesn't get in any trouble". Prevented all the "cry wolf" threats all children make. 

dobrd
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:19 PM
11 moms liked this

Babyblue3421, My DD did tis w/me when she was 12.. Teaching in schools then about ABUSES.. We went the next day to see  the lady at CPS.. I ased why was I here.. She had my DD tell me why I was there.. It wound up that she was mad at me for not allowing her to go w/her cousin to the Youth Center downtown where all the kids hang out on the streets, not the center.. It ended where she got a bit chewed out by the counselor where she called me in for nothing.. She gave my DD a pamphlet for the 'real reasons' she could call them.. She was grounded from a b'day party that weekend.. Tell CPS what she is doing to be causing this.. Don't allow her to get away w/this.. Take Care, Donna....

Babyblue3421
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
We are a military family, but didn't get moved around we stayed in one spot. This year they moved us, New school, new friends, since then she has really been acting out and obviously blames me. Even though she knew this could happen any time. I think she likes the 'sympathy' she's getting from her friends. I am in a tough spot cause I trusted we when she told me that the school seen her dark marks under her eyes (bags) and said she had a black eye. And called. I rose heck with the school ad yanked my kids out. We were already planning on moving closer to my husbands work. But not for 3 weeks. I will home school til then. But now that I know SHE said it, I look guilty...I had a very long talk with her. And she confessed to it. I explained the consequences of her actions. But this is the 2nd time. She obviously didn't learn the first. Do I send her back to school?? Will it make it look like I told her to say that, or she is saying it to keep me from hitting her?? I'm so upset and confused at this whole situation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:47 PM
3 moms liked this

Tough spot there, let me tell you.  I would definitely speak to the school and have her present and explain what's going on.  I would also call CPS and ask if there is anything you can do to get her to stop, since they deal with this they may have some more information than we do.

rkoloms
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM
6 moms liked this

have you tried family counseling? your daughter seems to have some serious anger issues

wodntulk2kno1
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM
4 moms liked this
no when one kid is removed all kids are! you need to tell her she is also effecting the lives of others when she makes these false claims against you!

Quoting Alex825:

Does she realize that it is the child that is removed from the house and she goes into foster care while mommy and sister continue to live and sleep comfy at home while she sleeps with strangers. ??  My kids know exactly since they were lil that is what happens. They were like huh? "I'm taken away and mommy doesn't get in any trouble". Prevented all the "cry wolf" threats all children make. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM
61 moms liked this

I would give her something to call them for.  That wouldn't fly in my house. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)