Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Trip to Europe (UPDATE)

Posted by   + Show Post

My friend asked me last year if I wanted to go on a European trip with her for her 50th Bday.  Her dh didn't want to go with her.  I am the only friend she has that can afford to go. Well, it would be spring/fall 2013.  SO, her sister died suddenly a month ago and I think she is all weird over. it.  (can't blame her).  So she asked me if I would be willing to go in September with her.  OF course, I said yes.  So we are looking at either Paris, Paris/Switzerland (I have been but but it was 20+ years) or Barcelona (I haven't been there but my dh has). 

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Replies (21-29):
MrsBLB
by Missi on Feb. 22, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Sounds like a good time!

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Feb. 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I am so jealous!   I've never been to Europe.  Truthfully, my only interest in going is to experience cities with so much History, and the architecture is just stunning (judging from pictures, of course..Lol).

Have a great time!  Take pictures.....I live vicariously through others!

rkoloms
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:09 PM

I pick Barcelona!

drfink
by Emily on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Sounds wonderful where ever you go.I have never been to Switzerland so that would be my choice or not...LOL ...sounds great to go with a good friend to any of those spots!

hopealways4019
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Hope you guys have fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 24, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Well, after a few days of looking we just may do Barcelona and Nice instead.  Better weather, 2 countries still. 

02nana07
by Ida on Feb. 24, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Sounds like fun I hope you have a great time wherever you choose to go 

annie2244
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM

My vote for you would be Paris & Barcelona. Love those towns. I like Switzerland too, but right now the prices there are ridiculously high. We were their last summer and couldn't believe the rates for everything.

Nice sucks. It's not that pretty a town. If you're gonna go South of Paris, I'd prefer the Loire Valley pretty towns. If you want to the coast, Antibe is better. Nice is industrial.  Don't swap out Paris for Nice. Why wouldn't you want to see Paris? My favorite city in  Europe. It will be fabulous in the fall, the tourists crowds are gone, ahhh. Put me in your suitcase! 

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

My friend decided on Paris/Nice.  I made her decide.  For me, I didn't care for Paris that much but this is her trip and I am tagging along.  I haven't been since 1989 so its been a LONG time.  4 nights in Paris, 3 nights in Nice.  I have never been to Nice.  Deciding on hotels and our flights and will get this all booked.  I sure don't want to wisht the summer away either for the trip to get here. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)