Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What AGE

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:58 PM
  • 13 Replies

my daughter turned 13 in feb and OMG I swear it hit her hardd..My head is spinning.she has NOT started her period yet thank god hahaha.she is wearing make up but nothing too heavey but she wants to go wild but im not ready for that.. right now she does not like boys she says they are gross but i know thats going to change.

what age did u let your teen start doing more grown up things? i dont want my baby to grow up

Mommy to

Steven,Alex,Mikey and Sammie

WIfey to Dave

by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

When they earn the privileges and I feel they can be trusted.

3teenmom8888
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 1:23 AM
I am still learning but I don't think there is a magical age. My older daughter turned 13 in Feb also. She has two older brothers but girls are so different! She started her period when she was 11 but has just started noticing boys. She wears a little mascara and lipgloss but that is it. She is allowed to do group activities as long as there is a chaperone. I am lucky because she goes to a small private school and most of us parents are on the same page. Her group of friends have been meeting at houses and having movie nights. I think that's grown up enough for now
bizzeemom2717
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Well said, I agree...

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarcellaFL
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Depends on what "grown up" things you are talking about. When my daughter entered middle school I allowed her to wear light makeup. This past year (8th grade) I have allowed her more freedom to choose hair and fashion "style" ... I get final veto on all choices.

rkoloms
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 5:22 AM

I consider "grown-up things" to be paying bills, cooking, doing laundry, etc.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 28, 2012 at 6:25 AM

I do too.

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

Well said, I agree...

Quoting luckysevenwow:

taina361
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Since my daughter is only 4 i can only speak for myself.I staarted my period at age 9 i started developing breast right away.I have always been more mature than my age so my mom trusted me to not be wild.at age 13 i was allowed to wear make up but only pink tones and light.I wasnt allowed to go out with friends outside school but they were allowed to come visit me or stay over.I had a prepaid cellphone that only had minutes if i kept my room clean.I didnt get an allowance because my mom always feared we would buy drugs so instead if we needed or wanted something she would buy it herself.bf outside of school was a no cuz oviously i wasnt allowed out without my parents.My mom is great i hope i can be just like her because now a days 13+ yr old want to take off when ever with who ever.wear what ever and do who ever.My mom bought my clothes so i never dress unappropiate,she had good taste and was tiny so if she wouldnt wear neither could Iat age 16 now im 22 but i got fat so she dresses better than me lol

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Feb. 28, 2012 at 8:20 AM

What's a more grown up thing?

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 28, 2012 at 8:52 AM

At 13 mine were at the mall alone with friends, going to movies getting dropped off and picked up etc.  I was glad to see mine grow up.  My job as a parent is to let them grow up and guide them the best way I can.  I wouldn't want to squash them and keep them babies.  Just me. 

Pherlyce
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I told them when they can support themselves and then they can do grown up things........ grown up don't ask money for there parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN