Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

s/o of Drivers Licence...

Posted by   + Show Post

Who pays for the insurance?

by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Replies (11-18):
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Mar. 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I am going to pay for his insurance as soon as his permit becomes a license. He doesn't cost a dime as long as he only has a permit.  I made a deal with him, he puts gas in the car, I pay the insurance.  Otherwise he pays the insurance.  I was informed that my insurance almost triples if he is driving my car and only doubles if it is his car with just PIP and liability.

jcm62497
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM

We pay my son's insurance .  He is a junior in college. He attends a local university and lives at home. He is responsible for gas and car maIntenance.  My friend has made her son pay his insurance from the moment he started driving.  However , she still pays for his haircuts and other needs and he is a senior in college.  Do what you feel is right. What if you agree to pay as long as good grades are maintained and safe driving ( no traffic tickets or accidents).. 

shelleyragsdale
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 9:47 PM

My daughter pays for her insurance I fell since she is working she should pay for it....

lauriebash
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 9:52 PM

We do. We will continue to do so until the boys have full time jobs and on their own. Our 19yo now has his own apartment, pays rent, electric, cable and internet on his own. He is just working part time right now. He is hoping to get on full time soon. That is when he will start paying for insurance, make his car payments to us, and his cell phone. We pay those things now because they are necessities that WE insist he have

epykpysmom
by Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

18 year old DD is on our auto insurance policy and we pay for all of it for her.  She is in her freshman year of college where she received a merit scholarship that covers room/board, tuition, books.  She wanted a paying "job" when she first started school but we told her her "JOB" was to go to school, study, and keep her grades up so that she can continue in the scholarship program (she needs to maintain a 3.5 gpa). The financial value of her scholarship is higher than what she can earn working part time anyway.

KeriAZ
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:39 AM
If my child was driving she would help pay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cindy3511
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:40 PM
that's the way it is in my house as well, my son just took over his

Quoting luckysevenwow:

We till they have jobs then they take over.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dezsmama4
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 1:31 PM

you do

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN