Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

12 yr old daughter..has alot of hair ...down there!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:42 PM
  • 28 Replies
She came to me the other day and said mom its bothering me..when I put on underwear its everywhere..there's so much of it..lol I walked in while she was in the shower and I was shocked I don't remember having that much ..at 12 yrs old.. she wants it gone..well not all of it obviously.. and I dont think she can do it by herself but she don't want me helping her either ..what do I do????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shawna510
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Take her to get a bikini wax.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livinmylife10
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Ouch...I don't think she can handle that..I know grown women who cant..lol

Quoting Shawna510:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Not_A_Native
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I'd tell her she could get a wax if she wanted, but I'd let her handle it.

Loving19mommy92
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

It's part of learning about being a woman. I have never gotten a bikini wax it's bad enough my doctor looks down there letting a stranger do it at a salon I am so okay. But maybe buy her the razors and shaving cream and some trimmers since obviously there is a lot and explain it maybe find a video to explain what is okay and what isn't how to not cut yourself and please explain how to prevent razor burn my mom never did and I can only not get it with one kinda razor. 

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Mar. 3, 2012 at 12:38 AM
6 moms liked this

I understand her pain.  Go get a cheap pair of hair clippers, take out all the guards smaller than a 3 and tell her to have at it!  Bikini wax, although I've never had one, I've been told are very painful and not very modest.  Something you don't want for your 12 year old.  With the guards on the clippers she's not going to cut herself and she will feel better.  The rest can be shaved when it comes to bathing suit time.

hopealways4019
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 7:10 AM
A wax
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ann197832
by Member on Mar. 3, 2012 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd avoid the wax she's too young but I would get her a grooming razor and let her use that to trim it all down
Shannon6567
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 7:31 AM
Shawna510
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 7:57 AM
I don't think it's that bad. Sure beats razor burn and cuts. Although, I started doing it when I was 13 maybe I am just used to it. I have a friend I grew up with that started getting her legs waxed at 11.

Quoting livinmylife10:

Ouch...I don't think she can handle that..I know grown women who cant..lol

Quoting Shawna510:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shawna510
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:02 AM
When getting a bikini wax you keep your underwear on or you could always use a bathing suit. They only take the hair that it showing past the line of the line of the bottoms you use.

Quoting Loving19mommy92:

It's part of learning about being a woman. I have never gotten a bikini wax it's bad enough my doctor looks down there letting a stranger do it at a salon I am so okay. But maybe buy her the razors and shaving cream and some trimmers since obviously there is a lot and explain it maybe find a video to explain what is okay and what isn't how to not cut yourself and please explain how to prevent razor burn my mom never did and I can only not get it with one kinda razor. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)