Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Curfew

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:53 AM
  • 14 Replies

hello moms

Does anyone know if there is a curfew for an 18 year old in the san fernando valley, ca?

Thank you 

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annie2244
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:56 AM

An 18 yr old is a legal adult in the eyes of the state. Can't imagine there is a government imposed curfew for any adult other than in extraordinary events like rioting issues.

18 yr olds who are living at home? Mom and Dad imposed curfews are up to you. They have to put up with what you decide until they graduate, then they have to put up with it for as long as they choose to live with you.

Cafe MichelleP
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont think there is a legal curfew at 18 years old.

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM

18 are adults so I would say no.  Our towns by us have curfews 7 days a week for under 18.  Also licenses have restrictions on driving times for the first 9 months you have it in Wisconsin. 

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this
There probably isn't a state or city curfew for an 18yo. However if they still live with you you can still set a curfew you feel is appropriate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Probably not. An 18 year old is an adult.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Not_A_Native
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

As the others have said, a 18 year old is an adult.  Unless rioting or somehting like that occurs, no, there will be no curfew. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Not for an 18 y/o.

leslie1004
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:21 PM

It was very difficult for me to accept the independence that came with my 18 yr. old son's first summer home after his freshman year, but when he was home I insisted that he give me an idea where he was going and when he would be home, especially if he wasn't coming home that night.

An 18 yr. old is considered an adult, but they will always be my "child", and if they are under my roof, they need to follow my rules. Good luck, it is not an easy adjustment for parent or child.

luckysevenwow
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I know in my state that even though you are 18 there are still curfew laws applied. I wasn't sure because of the wording but when I called the police station they said technically they are still under the laws, but most cops will only use it against them if they are doing something they shouldn't.

catie-live
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Call the non-emergency police line in your city. My 18 year old has a 1:30 a.m. curfew. I want her home before the bars close!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)