Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Teens and life in general

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM
  • 9 Replies

So my 16 year old calls me on friday on the way home from her school. Crying about an issue that happened at school. First off, she is a child with a learning disability. It is under control and she is well adjusted. The thing is how do we ever prepare our children for the bullies and the disrepectful peers. I am saddened by what occured on friday but more upset with the fact that I try so hard to prepare her for these things. Lets just say you can never truely prepare your child for the disrespectful comments from a young man to a young woman. I remember when I was in school it was always boys will be boys. Well I never believed in that statement. Boys.... Young men should be respectful of young women. It is never ok to talk to a young woman in such a manner that you make her cry. Especially, with nasty sexually content. My daughter is not sexually active nor has she dated yet. She is very quiet and very matture for her age. Sometimes she surprises me with her adult ways. She is a beautiful young lady and not because she is my child she is just beautiful. I just wish these young men would think before they speak. I know not all boys...young men are this way...I thank God and the wonderful parents of the respectful boys..young men...They are out there because after this issue took place another student a young man reassured my daughter she did nothing to receive such horrible comments directed towards her. I am very thankful that that young man was in class to point this out to her. Yes, she is affected by the horrible comments made, but at least one of her male peers came forward to help her. The school has taken action with the male student and has reassured me he will be dealt with through the school they attend, the sending district, and his parents. I just pray this child gets the help he needs because obviously something is wrong in his life...No young lady should ever have to experience this. Ever!!!!

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rkoloms
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

That is called sexual harrassment. Be your daughter's advocate, and help her find the best way to handle this, legally.

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM
4 moms liked this
I think it's great that another boy stood up for her. He sounds like a nice kid and someone who would make a good friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I'm sorry your daughter has to deal with this.  That is wonderful news that another young man stood up for her.  I hope the school follows through and punishes the boy that was bothering her.

Reina13
by Reina on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I agree with this response.

Quoting rkoloms:

That is called sexual harrassment. Be your daughter's advocate, and help her find the best way to handle this, legally.

luv1forlife
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Quoting Reina13:

Quoting rkoloms:

Ladies, Of course we know that it is sexual harrasment but we are dealing with a special needs child. Believe me I am advocating for my child. Have been for over 10 years.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:59 AM

If it was sexual in content I'd be at the school the next morning.  That's against school policies.  I would also tell my daughter not to listen to the ignorant ramblings of someone who has no idea what they are even saying. 

cat4458
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Quoting luv1forlife:

Quoting Reina13:

Quoting rkoloms:

Ladies, Of course we know that it is sexual harrasment but we are dealing with a special needs child. Believe me I am advocating for my child. Have been for over 10 years.

So nice to hear that you are advocating for your child.  I hope the school will be on your side through this all and your dd will be strengthened through this bad experience! It's so wonderful that the boy stood up for your dd!! He should be commended also, as in this day & age so many don't stand up for what is right.  Most walk on by.  Glad that boy stuck up for her and you are too!

vixen42
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

this happens too boys too,some other boys think it;s cool too call boys gay or fag or bitches,it is not ok for anyone too call anyone else these kind of names or say those kinds of things whether it is boys or girls.sorry that happened too her

MrsBLB
by Missi on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I agree, sorry she went through that.

Quoting bizzeemom2717:

I think it's great that another boy stood up for her. He sounds like a nice kid and someone who would make a good friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)