Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its a miracle

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM
  • 19 Replies

Some of you know how my son had an abcess tooth recently and they said since that tooth had a root canal it was just an infection in the gum and nothing needed to be done.

He woke up yesterday with a swollen jaw and his tooth hurting. 

When he was at the ER before they told him sometimes the antibiotic doesn't always get all the infection and it could come back. 

Then they told him rather than pay for another antibiotic and ER or dentist visit to get activated charcoal at the pharmacy.  They said to break open the capsule and add a drop or 2 of water and make a paste then apply to the affected tooth. 

So I did this last night at 10:00 and he went to sleep and slept all night with no pain.  As soon as he put it on the gum he got a funny look on his face and said as soon as it touched the gum the pain was gone. 

The added bonus is that it draws out the infection and his jaw was almost down to normal this morning.  He was told to continue doing this for 7 days to make sure he gets all the infection out.  He has been eating and had no pain since he did it the 1st time.

It can also be used for snakebite or other infections it draws out infection or poison and stops pain.

This is a new addition to my 1st aid kit : )

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Wow!  I will stock up on that.   Good to know, Thanks!    My son had an infected wisdom tooth a couple weeks ago.  He had them extracted last week.   This info would have been worth its weight in gold.  Coincidently, When we were trying to ease his pain until the antibiotic took effect, I was re reading your previous post and all the replies, looking for a solution.  :)

luckysevenwow
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM

That's pretty cool. I'll have to look into it.

tnmommy5
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM
That's great! I'm glad he's doing better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Wow I'm going to have to buy that!  Thanks!

fammatthews4
by Trisha on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM

That's a good thing to know.  I'm so glad he's feeling better

hopealways4019
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:10 PM
My tooth is hurting, right now I need some
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
02nana07
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:55 PM

This will be in my 1st aid kit from now on it is good for so many things

Quoting boys2men2soon:

Wow!  I will stock up on that.   Good to know, Thanks!    My son had an infected wisdom tooth a couple weeks ago.  He had them extracted last week.   This info would have been worth its weight in gold.  Coincidently, When we were trying to ease his pain until the antibiotic took effect, I was re reading your previous post and all the replies, looking for a solution.  :)

02nana07
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:56 PM

It is worth it look it up online it has so many uses

Quoting luckysevenwow:

That's pretty cool. I'll have to look into it.

02nana07
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:57 PM

THANKS me too he is usually so upbeat and its hard to see him down

Quoting tnmommy5:

That's great! I'm glad he's doing better.

02nana07
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 10:58 PM

It is worth the money I will keep it now that I know about it

Quoting fantasticfour:

Wow I'm going to have to buy that!  Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)