Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

15 year old son had a temper tantrum today!

Posted by   + Show Post

I had to let the plates expire on my expidition because I couldn't afford them until friday.  so I just renewed the ones on my ford aveo.  I had to take the kids to school today since a couple of them had projects that had to go too. 

My 15yo son Kristopher was mad.  He doesn't like to be seen inthe car (it is dark orange)  I had a  liter of pop in it on the floor.  he stomped on it until he made the top pop off!  Kathryn had to come in and change her clothes.  When I said he had to pay for the pop he refused!  So I took his phone and then he was really mad!  started picking stuff off the floor and throwing it into the front.  so I started adding days to his no phone punishment.   the I got to school he got out and slammed the door so hard it hurt my ears.  I couldn't beleive it!  I called his dad and told him I took the phone. His dad is like what id he act like that for.  and so i explained!  All of this before 8am! 

by on Mar. 14, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Replies (21-21):
PinkieRed
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

If he's too embarrassed to be seen in your car, then I'd tell him he can either walk or catch the bus to school, or get a ride with a friend.

I went to Catholic elementary school, about a mile walk from home. There was no school bussing, so my siblings and I either walked to school, or rode the public bus. Our mom didn't drive, and our parents only ever had one car anyway, which my dad drove to work. He had to be at work at 7, so he was always gone before we got up for school.

My parents didn't have much money, so the cars he had were all old and beat up. But on the few rare occasions when our dad was able to take us to school, I was just glad to get a ride, especially if it was in the winter. I could have cared less what his car looked like, seeing as I didn't have to walk or take the bus for a change.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)