Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do You Need Another Budget for Your Kids Eating Habits..

OMG. Its Spring break and my teenage son is going to run me broke.. There is never anything in the pantry, refrigerator or anywhere else.  I need to get a bed and stay in walmart.. Am I the only one..lol!  Where do they get this appetite? he is as fat as a stick.. He is looking at me like Im crazy, "Mom ur not going to really post that are you" Yes I am... What are somethings that you buy especially for them.. I buy like lunch meats, hot pockets, pizzas. pot pies, cookies..etc..juices, juices and more juices.. I have even tried buying lipton tea to cut down on cost of all the juices, but you have to buy the water to make the juices so it adds up.. Ooh well, its all on his tab, for monies he has to pay me back once he gets a  job (joking) lol..

by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Replies (51-55):
Alwaysmotivated
by Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

And we all were sticks! Can eat anything when I was younger myself, oh how I miss that, come back metabolism...come back :(  lol!

Quoting chloesmommy777:

My 14-yr-old daughter is the same way!  She used to be so picky (though with a good appetite for the foods she liked) but her rations have increased 3 times!  And she's as fat as a stick, too! LOL!  I remember when I turned 14, I did the exact same thing and would eat stuff I had snubbed when younger! 

parker4429
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it would be cheaper if they actually ate the house - then they would also be getting the fiber they need.  hahah

Alwaysmotivated
by Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 5:09 PM

That is too funny!

Quoting parker4429:

I think it would be cheaper if they actually ate the house - then they would also be getting the fiber they need.  hahah

3mom627
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

We go through the same thing at our house. My oldest son 21 just moved back from Las Vegas and already our food bills is outrageous.  I would love to make different kinds of meals, but my husband gets mad if there isn't meat and potatoes for dinner. We eat pasta about every other week. We buy a lot of fruit and they eat it too. We buy them pop, but the new rule is that if it runs out before we go shopping, then it's water. 

3MOM627

have a nice day

MJP76
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM

My kids eat what's in the house. If they have a special request for something I might fill it, of it fits in the budget. 

Try buying healthier foods. The list  with all that processed food is that it doesn't fill you up like it should.

tell him to drink water if he is thirsty. If you don't have filtered water, but a filter for your tap, or even bottled water, is only like 4 bucks for a 24pk.

learn to set limits, you're the parent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN