Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Does your Husband help around house

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 3:51 PM
  • 31 Replies
am i the only person around that feels like screaming my husband only works 4 days a week because of his diabetes I work shift work as a resident care worker. I can never get help it makes my blood boil today I got called in to do a 12 hr night I made supper, cookies for lunches and laundry where is my dh laying down he is tired! I never got a chance to rest. Sorry for venting just hate how I am up for 24 hrs with no help or little my son helps. Does anyone else have trouble with getting help??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsBLB
by Missi on Mar. 27, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Sorry you go through that.  Ugh...

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Sure he does...he points out what needs to be cleaned and then sit's down LMAO

Honestly though I am okay with it. I have a control issue and usually find it is just easier for me to do it. That doesn't mean the kids don't help...they've just been trained to do it my way.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Mar. 27, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Love this!!!

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Honestly though I am okay with it. I have a control issue and usually find it is just easier for me to do it. That doesn't mean the kids don't help...they've just been trained to do it my way.

Pherlyce
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Sorry mama.......Did you talk to him about this? My husband and kids are in charge every weekend of everything. They call it my off days :). They are always helpful even thou I don't need any help. My kids are teenagers and always there to help, my hubby I don't need to ask he is always the cook in our home.
Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Sorry you are going through this. My DH helps a lot. Don't tell him I said that. He might stop doing it. It's funny we have boys now and he yells at them for not putting the seat down after using the bathroom. It was only 18 yrs ago I was yelling at him. I stopped that. One night I put up the seat. He had to go and fell in. He has always put it down since then. But he helps with the kids, dishes, and laundry. My kids also have to help. They set the table, do dishes most nights fold their own laundry and put it away. They have to help with the animals also.
DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I haved a great SO. He does just as much house work, cooking meals, or whatever as I do. Im very fortunate. 

CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2012 at 5:08 PM

My DH does all the cleaning, all the yard work, all the car maintenance, all the cooking.  I do the laundry.  I love it! 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 27, 2012 at 5:11 PM

lol!

Quoting luckysevenwow:

rkoloms
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM
We are equal partners. I am sure that he changed more diapers than I did. He doesn't cook, but he is always willing to do the dishes, laundry, etc. He also know that there is nothing sexier than a man cleaning the bathroom!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 27, 2012 at 5:15 PM

After almost 18 years of marriage my husband is slowly making progress, LOL.

He works nights 12 hour shifts 3 on 4 off then 4 on 3 off. I work days M-F 730-330. On his nights off he does the dishes, sweeps and mops the floor and does laundry, which is a never ending task in our house. He also takes the trash and recycle up to the curb on trash/recycle day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)