Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Does your Husband help around house

Posted by   + Show Post
am i the only person around that feels like screaming my husband only works 4 days a week because of his diabetes I work shift work as a resident care worker. I can never get help it makes my blood boil today I got called in to do a 12 hr night I made supper, cookies for lunches and laundry where is my dh laying down he is tired! I never got a chance to rest. Sorry for venting just hate how I am up for 24 hrs with no help or little my son helps. Does anyone else have trouble with getting help??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
fammatthews4
by Trisha on Mar. 28, 2012 at 6:05 AM
He helps out on the weekends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shyangelmom
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 6:31 AM
I am strike this morning been awake since 6 yesterday morning had a great night shift the house can fall downtoday :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alwaysmotivated
by Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 6:49 AM

My hubby works long hours but on his day off he likes to cook and I love his cooking. House chores thats my territory.. so pretty even balance in our household.

Manth
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 8:55 AM

I'm a SAHM by choice and my husband works full-time so I don't expect him to do a lot when he comes home.  However he has some chores he does of his own accord - I don't ask him to do them.  Things like dusting the high parts of the house (he's 17 inches taller than I am so for him it is easy, also his sight is better than mine so he sees when it needs doing while to me it's all a blur) and changing light bulbs (he can do it standing on the floor, I need a stepladder and I'm afraid of heights)  He's a lousy cook and he knows it so when he declares 'cooks night off' he volunteers to go and get take-away which I appreciate. 

btamilee
by Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I am very lucky in that my husband loves to cook.  I would say he does about 75% of the cooking at our house.  He isn't all the helpful with other day to day chores, but I really appreciate his help with the cooking and he works about 60 hours a week, so I will take whatever I can get.  lol

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Mar. 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Most of the time I want my husband to get out of my way but there are some things I need help with.  Like bringing the laundry upstairs.  The bulky baskets and accident prone me, I simply can't do it.  I've falled too many times.  I am usually done with laundry 3 days before he gets up and does it!

Bertieb
by Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 10:29 AM

My husband helps and feels guilty if I'm doing something and he isn't, and vice-versa. My first husband never helped except for mowing, then he got into cooking so I let him do that every night and he cleaned up his dishes too. I miss that part of that marriage, we had some great meals and I didn't have to decide every night what to eat!

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes mine helps he helps a lot. When the boys were babies we sat and discussed at length. At first I left lists of chores I would like him to accomplish. He then learned and "saw" what needed to be done. We both agreed with like a really clean house. He understood I can't live with chaos ! My husband works 3 days a week(14 hr days) On his 4 days off , he is great about doing laundry, washing floors, vacuuming. The only thing he can't do is grocery shop or cook. Sit down with your husband , write a list of what needs to be done daily, weekly, monthly. Explain that you need help. Ask him to choose which things he can do, Write them down on new list and post where he won't forget.

PurpleHazey
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM

He does on weekends when all the kids are home.

kintop
by Member on Mar. 28, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I am sorry that your hubby doesn't help.  My hubby helps a lot around the house and the kids have their chores they do.  It is nice to have my hubby help out because of how many 6-7 month deployments and work ups he has done.  I wish I had some advice to give you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)