Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Bra troubles w/ 16 yro dd

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 12:48 AM
  • 33 Replies
My 16 yro doesn't wanna wear a bra---- she's a d cup. What can I do to makeher wear one?
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wodntulk2kno1
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 12:49 AM
lord ...she needs to be wearing one..that cant be comfortable for her. why doesn't she want to wear one? is this all the time or just around the house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImTheMomie
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 12:53 AM
She's a goth-y tomboy and wontvwear a bra anywere
Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2012 at 3:12 AM
2 things....

1) tale her to the Dr and have them explain the importance of the bra for her body.

2) you are mom...she doesn't leave the house without it. PERIOD. Loss of priviledges, grounding, extra chores if she refuses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 3:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Have her properly measured for a bra. Take her to get a bra that fits correctly. Also let her know that if she doesn't start wearing a bra that her tits are going to sag to her knees by the time she's 20.

xtwistedxlovex
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 3:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Bras actually aren't great for your health. Not only do they allow the ligaments that support and shape the breasts to become weak, they interfere with lymph drainage. An undershirt (camisole, tank top, the like) should do just fine if it's modesty you're worried about, and she's less likely to fight you on it.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 31, 2012 at 6:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Try a sports bra? She's at least have some support.

rkoloms
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 7:13 AM

I suspect that this is a self-esteem issue; she is bolstering the way she feels about herself with attention from boys. 

rkoloms
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wodntulk2kno1:

lord ...she needs to be wearing one..that cant be comfortable for her. why doesn't she want to wear one? is this all the time or just around the house?

I wear a D cup, and I am perfectly comfortable without a bra

bizzeemom2717
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 1:27 PM
This. My 14 y/o is a D cup, she doesn't have a choice.

Quoting mumsy2three:

Try a sports bra? She's at least have some support.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkieRed
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe your daughter just finds bras uncomfortable. I am only a B cup, but I still hate bras.

I can't wear underwires, period. And I won't buy/wear any bras that are scratchy, lacy, have bulky or rough seams, push up style, or that are heavily padded. I really only like soft, smooth, completely seamless bras.

Honestly, if I'm wearing a loose fitting top, I'll often just wear a cami with a built in shelf bra, instead of a regular bra.

Maybe she'd prefer camis with a built in bra, sports bras, or seamless pull over bras?

Also, she might be self concious about her breast size too, as many teen girls aren't as well endowed as her. So, she might feel that certain bras accentuate her breasts too much, and make them look even bigger than they already are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN