Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

It's been a long time since we have had a good news post.  Share here the good things your teens have done recently.    : )

by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Replies (21-30):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 2, 2012 at 7:24 AM
2 moms liked this

On Feb. 21, my son was accepted to his first choice college. Come the fall, he will be a Texas Tech Red Raider.

I am very proud of him.

Manth
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Miss 17 is on her first mid-semester break from University where she is doing really well.  She decided to make this vacation count ... and enrolled in a 2 day First Aid course!  Paid for it herself too.  It's run by the local Ambulance people so they know what they are talking about.  When she passes it and gets her certificate it will count towards the First Aid badge for Venturers - and they will reimburse her half the cost of the course which will help financially.

Miss 15 got together with a bunch of her friends and went to Oz ComiCon over the weekend.  DH and I considered going but there wasn't anything on that appealed to us.  She really wanted to go though so she arranged a group to head there and look out for one another.  They had a ball and we gave her some spending money (advance on her Birthday gifts - she turns 16 in 2 weeks time) so she got a lot of awesome stuff there as well in the Hucksters Room.

Ewa101
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Quoting boys2men2soon:

I got nothing.   My teen is driving me nuts.

I know how you feel... This post was a good idea, and it got me to think, but nothing comes to mind. 

btamilee
by Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:10 AM

My teenager daughter wrote and directed a short film called..The Road Back, which was producted by a non profit organization.  The acting, writing, directing and filming was all done by teenagers.  It premeired last week to a sell out crowd of 500, and will be shown in two weeks on our local CBS affilitate during prime time!  She has been on the front page of our local newspaper, and local news several times.  Very Proud of her!!!!    The Road Back will be sent to every high school and middle school in the state of Maine as a learning tool for Depression and Anxiety..it also will be entered in several film festivals all over the US!

ha.skrllx
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow, that's a big deal. I bet you all are really proud.

Quoting btamilee:

My teenager daughter wrote and directed a short film called..The Road Back, which was producted by a non profit organization.  The acting, writing, directing and filming was all done by teenagers.  It premeired last week to a sell out crowd of 500, and will be shown in two weeks on our local CBS affilitate during prime time!  She has been on the front page of our local newspaper, and local news several times.  Very Proud of her!!!!    The Road Back will be sent to every high school and middle school in the state of Maine as a learning tool for Depression and Anxiety..it also will be entered in several film festivals all over the US!

Maikopmom
by Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:44 AM

My 13 year old son broke the club record for suicides at his pre-season baseball camp this weekend.  Two days, six hours a day of baseball and conditioning - suicides being the final segment.  We are very proud. 

Maikopmom
by Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Quoting fammatthews4:

Both kids helped out with yard work this weekend without complaining or fighting with each other :)

That's awesome!!  My kids would help, and might not complain, but they would find something to fight about!!  Glad you had a good weekend. 

tyfry7496
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:27 AM
You do a walking tour of Lambeau Field. Go through the tunnel the Packers enter the field through, go on the field, through a sky box. Learn the history of the Packers and Lambeau. The Hall of Fame is like a museum and has the Packer hall of fame players and Super Bowl trophy.

Quoting zboys:

What's the tour and the Hall of Fame thing?

Quoting tyfry7496:

My son did an amazing job at his bowling tournament this weekend. And he stuck it out through a tour of Lambeau Field and the Hall of Fame. He is not a Packer fan.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustShawna
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 1:23 PM

My 17 year old enlisted in the Air Force last week on the DEP (Delayed Entry Program). He is officially a U.S. Soldier. While I'm proud of him, I'm scared for him. That goes with being a first time military mom.

My 16 year old finally stood up to his ex girlfriend and said they couldn't be together any more. He finally wised up that arguing in a relationship is NOT what the relationship is all about. (There's more to it than this, this is just what I'm really the proudest about.)

jennc1977
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 2:31 PM

My son just had his 6 month EEG and it was clear! No Seizures....YIPPIE...he was so proud!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)