Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's been a long time since we have had a good news post.  Share here the good things your teens have done recently.    : )

by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Replies (41-50):
MrsBLB
by Missi on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Sorry....    : (

Quoting mrsstoney61832:

I have nothing too.  My son that is 16 went to spend the night at a friends house and did not get back until 9 pm last night.  I was worried he was 2 hrs late and his cell phone was dead and we could not get ahold of him.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Congrats to him!  

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

On Feb. 21, my son was accepted to his first choice college. Come the fall, he will be a Texas Tech Red Raider.

I am very proud of him.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:20 PM

How cool for both of them!

Quoting Manth:

Miss 17 is on her first mid-semester break from University where she is doing really well.  She decided to make this vacation count ... and enrolled in a 2 day First Aid course!  Paid for it herself too.  It's run by the local Ambulance people so they know what they are talking about.  When she passes it and gets her certificate it will count towards the First Aid badge for Venturers - and they will reimburse her half the cost of the course which will help financially.

Miss 15 got together with a bunch of her friends and went to Oz ComiCon over the weekend.  DH and I considered going but there wasn't anything on that appealed to us.  She really wanted to go though so she arranged a group to head there and look out for one another.  They had a ball and we gave her some spending money (advance on her Birthday gifts - she turns 16 in 2 weeks time) so she got a lot of awesome stuff there as well in the Hucksters Room.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:21 PM

WOW!!

Quoting btamilee:

My teenager daughter wrote and directed a short film called..The Road Back, which was producted by a non profit organization.  The acting, writing, directing and filming was all done by teenagers.  It premeired last week to a sell out crowd of 500, and will be shown in two weeks on our local CBS affilitate during prime time!  She has been on the front page of our local newspaper, and local news several times.  Very Proud of her!!!!    The Road Back will be sent to every high school and middle school in the state of Maine as a learning tool for Depression and Anxiety..it also will be entered in several film festivals all over the US!

MrsBLB
by Missi on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:21 PM

good

Quoting Maikopmom:

My 13 year old son broke the club record for suicides at his pre-season baseball camp this weekend.  Two days, six hours a day of baseball and conditioning - suicides being the final segment.  We are very proud. 

MrsBLB
by Missi on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Good for them!  

Quoting JustShawna:

My 17 year old enlisted in the Air Force last week on the DEP (Delayed Entry Program). He is officially a U.S. Soldier. While I'm proud of him, I'm scared for him. That goes with being a first time military mom.

My 16 year old finally stood up to his ex girlfriend and said they couldn't be together any more. He finally wised up that arguing in a relationship is NOT what the relationship is all about. (There's more to it than this, this is just what I'm really the proudest about.)

MrsBLB
by Missi on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:23 PM

That is wonderful!

Quoting jennc1977:

My son just had his 6 month EEG and it was clear! No Seizures....YIPPIE...he was so proud!

MrsBLB
by Missi on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM

She'll get them up, and good for her!

Quoting rhaztas:

My DD, 13, is a straight A student and is disappointed in herself if her grade is below 95%. She also watched the toddler for a couple of hours last night so we could watch the KU/UK game.....please no haters. She is totally responsible and had been through a two day babysitting class.
She also loves mowing the lawn for some reason.

MamaMandee
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Thank you! 

Quoting MrsBLB:

Very cool!

Quoting MamaMandee:

Report card came home this week and it was all A's but one B+

MrsBLB
by Missi on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Awesome!

Quoting rhaztas:

My DS,14, washed the bedding from his room yesterday. Btw, he does this often. (maybe it's "dirty" LOL). He has also been the "maid" at our office for 18 months to earn $ since our other cleaning lady quit. He is much better than she was and costs less.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)