Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Easter Baskets

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 10:43 AM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you give your teens easter baskets?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

If you give your kids Easter baskets when they were growing up, do you continue when they are teens?

My son is 13, not sure what to do. If you do what gifts do you get?

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
My DD is almost 14. Yes she gets a basket and will as long as she is my DD. she loves nail polish so got her some. New bath soap and lotion. Very little candy. I always use a pail and shovel as the basket but we live on the beach fer the summer. I always get them swim goggles and sometimes a bathing suit in their baskets. My little guys get a lot of out door chalk, shovels, stuff like that. Ohand an iTunes gift card for $10
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:54 AM

When my sons were young teens I filled their baskets with Basketball cards, gift cards for Taco Bell, movie passes, swim trunks, sunglasses, flip flops, DVD, Video games......whatever they were into at the time.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:59 AM

My dd is 18 and still gets a basket. She also gets a Santa gift. Her little brothers would question why she didn't get anything.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I remember getting a basket growing up every year until i moved out and graduated to a chocolate rabbit.  I do it for them, but I make theirs.  This year my 15yo gets a Weird Al CD in it, my 13yo is getting a sketch book, and my 12 yo is getting moops.  They all get candy and a small bunny too

jess225
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Sure do, ds-17 gets an itune gift card, and some candy.
DS-14 gets the dvd I Bought a Zoo and some candy.
As long as they are living here they will always get a basket and then when they move out....well they probably will still get one until I have grandchildren then I'll get to spoil them lol.

mysonsmom99
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Great ideas, thank you! The older he gets it seems the more difficult it is to find stuff and I'm the worst at getting things.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM
DS1 is 14 he got a bike for christmas so he's getting a water bottle and a lock for it in his basket..

They all get a lil candy, this cool glow stick, flashing, whistle for their hiking packs, and push pops.

lol We have a family zune subscription so he doesn't need itunes or anything he has unlimited downloads.

Sometimes I give them GCs to McDonalds or DVDs, or books, depends what they are into.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysonsmom99
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Are bikes super popular right now? Never have I heard so much talk about them.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

DS1 is 14 he got a bike for christmas so he's getting a water bottle and a lock for it in his basket..

They all get a lil candy, this cool glow stick, flashing, whistle for their hiking packs, and push pops.

lol We have a family zune subscription so he doesn't need itunes or anything he has unlimited downloads.

Sometimes I give them GCs to McDonalds or DVDs, or books, depends what they are into.

AubreeLynn7
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is 13 years old. I get him stuff he's into. Normally some Axe stuff, basically anything I'd buy to put in his stocking at Christmas time but only for Easter!

PinkieRed
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 2:38 PM
4 moms liked this
Wow, now I feel cheap or maybe I'm just weird!

I don't go overboard for Easter. My kids (14 and 9) each get a basket with some candy, and a small gift, like lip gloss for my daughter (the 14 year old) or bubble soap, etc, for my son. No money, gift cards, etc. They don't feel deprived.

I just don't think of Easter as a big gift giving holiday. I figure my kids get enough "stuff" as it is.

I can't see going ouy and spending $50-$100+ per kid on gifts for Easter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)