Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

IF you don't ask and assume, we don't tell

Posted by   + Show Post

Today on St Thomas we went to a beach.  12 and under are free.  Adults are $4.  They assumed, didn't ask and didn't charge our 18 year old because she is so tiny and looks so young, ROFL.  IF they had asked we would have gladly told them she was 18.  She said the fee was $12 so that is what we paid.  Dh even said 4 people to the lady and she still didn't ask him and charged us for 3. 

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Replies (11-16):
momofne
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I used to get that all the time!

Quoting atlmom2:

She gets asked at every restaurant if she wants a kids menu. 

momofne
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I'm all for the if youy don't ask rule : )

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:45 AM

Quoting momofne:

I'm all for the if you don't ask rule : )

Same here.

bizzeemom2717
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Me too!

Quoting momofne:

I'm all for the if youy don't ask rule : )

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gibsons2006
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm on the OPPOSITE end of that scenario... my son just turned 4 yrs. old, but he has always been really tall, talks well, etc.  Whenever we go to a restaurant where they have "kids under.... eat free", people look at us skeptically.  In fact, one time (when he was still 2), one waitress asked me how old he was, I said, "He's 2." She turns to my husband asks him. (Same reply.  Obviously.)  THEN she asks my SON, "Sweetie, how old are you?"  To which my son says, "I'm two, and my sister Ellie is one."  I was like, "SERIOUSLY?!  You think I'm gonna lie about my kid's age just to get a free meal?!" :)

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Quoting gibsons2006:

I'm on the OPPOSITE end of that scenario... my son just turned 4 yrs. old, but he has always been really tall, talks well, etc.  Whenever we go to a restaurant where they have "kids under.... eat free", people look at us skeptically.  In fact, one time (when he was still 2), one waitress asked me how old he was, I said, "He's 2." She turns to my husband asks him. (Same reply.  Obviously.)  THEN she asks my SON, "Sweetie, how old are you?"  To which my son says, "I'm two, and my sister Ellie is one."  I was like, "SERIOUSLY?!  You think I'm gonna lie about my kid's age just to get a free meal?!" :)

Wow.  I thought places like that was like 10 or under eat free.  Where my dd works its kids eat for half price with a parents meal and its 12 and under. 

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN