Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Cuddling to much for a teenager girl?

Posted by   + Show Post

Is cuggling in your room with the door open too much for your teenager 14 dd with her 16 year old bf? Or even showing anytype of affection?  What is the norm allowed for teens today?  kiss hug?

by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Replies (31-36):
onefootcutiepie
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I don't care what "teens today" want. My kids will not be cuddling with anybody in their rooms as teens. Girl/boy friends can hang out in common areas only.

momneedingadv
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I totally agree with the back then since my own Mom was pg and her Jounior prom.  You sound like my dd as to the less she feels comfortable in front of us the more she is likely to do wrong.  As from past experience I feel the same.  They are not gonna have sex in the house with parents home, they will find a place and time if they want to or not, not matter what you try to do.  My own friends had bf 2 or 3 years older then them as to a boy who is 16 vs 15 what actually is the difference.  They still want the same thing to have sex with girls.

bootifuldisastr
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Rules at our house is NO BOYS IN THE BEDROOM. They can hang out in the common area only........
momneedingadv
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Her bedroom is just as much a common area as any.  We have no privacy in our house we enter at will!

dobrd
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 7:07 PM

momneedingadv, At her age, in our home there wouldn't be a BF in her room at all.. This is not appropriate for a mother to see as ok.. It certainly doesn't send a good message to her from you either, nor that boy.. Door open/door closed, she's way too young for anything like this. This isn't a positive message that is a positive perspective for her.. Maybe in your time, but, not hers.. Take Care, Donna....

noTimetothink
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:15 AM

and i also have mixed feelings about teenagers and touching. i think kids should stay kids as long as they can but i also feel that teens that start dating need to learn healthy sexual relationship behavior too. heavy petting and hard kissing are going to happen. i think any kid that starts dating is going to do this. now im not saying i am going to allow it or watch it happen in my own living room but its just part of learning about relationships. teens are going to touch each other. as much as i hate to think about it, they will. even if its over the pants sitting on the couch, it will happen. and i think thats ok, i think.....still have mixed feelings. sex is a totaly different story. when you have sex...even if you are on birth control, you take the chance of making babies. thats what are body was made for, and that is the real reason for sex as far as nature goes. and if your not ready to deal with having a child then sex is not ok. so for teens i dont think sex is ok. but all the other stuff....its normal. you just have to teach your kids how to control themselfs and know when to stop. its such a hard thing to deal with. and also alot of it is out of the parents hands. if teens want to have sex......they will find a way. so when you are talking about a young teen cuddling and whats ok......limits, thats all i can say, in your own home you have to set limits. and pray that they will listen. because kids....they are sneaky little shits, lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN