Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

unruly teenager

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:50 PM
  • 12 Replies

i would like to know what to do with my15 year old neice that will not quit stealing,lieing, cussing her dad and being very opened with sex and not going to school.

by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkieRed
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Does your niece live with you?

If not, is her dad open to advice from you? Just wondering, because some parents, family or not, might be resentful of getting unasked for advice.

Do you have a close relationship with your niece?

If you do, have you tried sitting down and talking with her, to try to find out why she's been acting that way? I'd tell her that you love her and are concerned about her behavior, and see what she has to say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angiekhall74
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:52 PM

My advice is file a FINS petition against her, and she will have to go in front of a judge and explain why she is acting that way.

amonkeymom
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:06 PM

This

Quoting PinkieRed:

Does your niece live with you?

If not, is her dad open to advice from you? Just wondering, because some parents, family or not, might be resentful of getting unasked for advice.

Do you have a close relationship with your niece?

If you do, have you tried sitting down and talking with her, to try to find out why she's been acting that way? I'd tell her that you love her and are concerned about her behavior, and see what she has to say.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think as an aunt there is anything you can do. It's really up to her parents to work with her to make changes.

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Talk to the parents.

bizzeemom2717
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:42 AM
This...

Quoting fantasticfour:

Talk to the parents.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassyjen35
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Honestly I am having the same problem. My 15 year old daughter does not like going to school. And she will demand not going. Punishments ill try taking phone away and she will fight me and my parents. She's in counceling now and honestly don't think that is helping as well. Now the dr recommends a phsycologist. Now a days seems like more teens or worse than before to me. Swearing ect. No respect
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
10yrsapart9505
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I'd have her parents call the police.  They have programs at the juvenile detention center that she can be forced to take part in.  Here, if they miss too many days of school they go to juvie.  Maybe a reality check is what she needs.

MrsBLB
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Talk to her parents and maybe get her into a scared straight program...

dollwith4
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Tell her parents to check with CPS and find out what they HAVE to make sure she has. Then I would advise them to take everything else.

I got a hold of CPS when I had kids to find out. Mine know, CPS says they have to have a mattress (not a box spring or frame), they have to have one set of sheets and enough blankets to be warm. They say the kids have to have 3 sets of clothes and the ability to wash said clothes.  They have to have one pair of shoes. They have to have access to 3 meals a day. Meals of MY choosing, not theirs. 

And, my kids know, act like an ass enough and the CPS basics is what they will end up with!

~When the Government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right, is of no consequence!~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN