Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Time for yourself?

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:40 AM
  • 9 Replies

What do you do to take time for yourself?  It seems lately I have zero time for myself, there is always a demand on my time.  I don't go anywhere because of a medical condition unless I have someone with me, so that's not an option.  And of course, I feel that if my presence is not known nothing will get done.

Perhaps that's just me, maybe I'm a control freak.  I've got a good life, better than most kids, and a good husband, but sometimes I want to pull my hair out.  When something happens, say with 1 kid, 2 others have to follow suit, husband has to have a bad day, and everything I touch has to fall apart!  Get what I'm saying?  It's not that they are bad or even mediocre kids, it's  just 1 person cannot make a mistake, EVERYONE has to be involved or have problems.

It's 12:30am where I am, I'm exhausted, I haven't been to bed before 2am once this week, and I am at the end of my rope.  I haven't gotten anything I wanted to get done today because everything I tried ended up in disaster.  Think I'm over reacting?  I have to buy a new bbq grill tomorrow because I tried to clean mine and broke it.  I broke the grill!  How do you break a grill that's 1 year old????  I did.  I stripped out the screws trying to take it apart, and broke the metal pieces holding it together. 

Sorry, I guess I'm just venting.  I don't have many friends because of my condition, and the ones I do have, I can't talk to about my family.  They all either say I'm over reacting, or the closest friend gets pissed off because everything is a hill to die on with her.  Thanks for listening.

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
PurpleHazey
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I get up early in the mornings like at 4 am so I can have peace and quiet.

parker4429
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I am a single mom of two teenagers and often feel like this.  Sometimes work seems to be my only salvation.  Hang in there and take advantage of the little moments when you can. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I do all the time. Some part of every day for sure. 

I also belong to 2 groups of ladies, one volunteer group and another social group.  I couldn't live without my Me time and social time. 

You need to learn to not sweat the small stuff and enjoy life.  Only you can make that happen. 

KKMommy
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I get up half an hour before anyone else so its just me and my coffee. Not every day is packed full. Today being one where i had no plans and no laundry or housework. So i did my nails! Kinda pampered myself
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:53 PM

I just take it where I can get it. I really don't get a lot of "me" time.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:05 PM

You need to relax. Lol.  How about chilling out with a glass of wine and a good book?   I have lots of Me time, too much. lol.   That is why I am on Cafe Mom!

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:55 AM

For me CAFEMOM is my time...when they are all sleeping!

Please take time to smeel the flowers even if it is trhough the internet LOL

PinkieRed
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:53 PM
I'm laid off from work, so my "me" time is when my husband leaves for work in the mornings, and the kids leave for school, until I have to leave to pick up my son in the afternoons (daughter takes the school bus home).

I have to say that I really enjoyed it at first, because when I was working (full time), I felt chronically crunched for time.

Now that I've been laid off for almost a year with zero luck finding another job though (sigh...), I've long since gotten bored, and am more than ready to go back to work.

I would love to just go back to work part time, but that's not an option financially, since I would likely still have to pay for after school care for my son. Oh well.

I'm sorry things aren't going well for you lately. Hope they get better soon! : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mthof3
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I understand what you are saying. I don't really get a lot of me time. I make the time for myself. My day is hectic. I wake up at 5:30a every  morning an make sure the kids are up getting ready for school so that we can leave the house by 6:45a to get them to school on time. They go to 2 different schools and then I drop my mom off at work. During the week I either have a doctor's appointment or physical therapy for 3 out of the 5 days (chronic medical condition).  So I really have had to make it a point to take at least 30 min to an hour daily and do something I want to do. I love reading or even if I need a nap to keep me sane for the rest of the day. What I have done also is turn off my phone and just sit in the room listening to music.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN