Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What does your childs/ren name mean?

Samantha Abigail- Samantha is from my moms middle name & Abigail is from my husband's mothers name. Now, everyone calls her Sammi :)

Kaylee Makenzie- Kaylee is just pretty:) & Makenzie is after my sister who passed away 2 days before Kay way born.

Madison Jane- Madison is one of the names I have always loved & Jane is for my grandma. Now knw as Maddi :)

Jacy Elizabeth- Jacy is from my sister's middle name (hers is spelled different) & Elizabeth is also another name I have always loved.

What does your childs name mean?

I'm a mom of 4 sporty, sweet, crazy girls!girl giving flower

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
krunchykorn
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Jayden - God will judge & thankful

middle name - Jamie - his dads name

disneymom2two
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Jason Michael - Jason just because I liked it and Michael for DH.  DH wanted a junior but the first/last name combo is too common.

Jessica Kangchan - Jessica because Jason wanted his sister's name to start with the same letter (not a trend I've ever been a fan of but I couldn't say no).  I vetoed Jamal which had been his first choice.  Kangchan is the name given to my daughter by the nannies at the social welfare institution in China although it was written Kang Chan in China.  We kept it as her middle name so it'll be easier for her in case she ever wants to use her Chinese name.

LoveLiz
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 10:01 AM

All my kids have hebrew names. Mathew Allen middle name is my mom's maiden name and I didn't know because I did not know him it has hubby's middle name as well. Zachary Thomas his middle name is from my brother in law's middle name and he has no kids, plus it goes so well togther I love his name. Elizabeth Vivian her middle name is for hubby's grandmother. We call her Lib or Libby because our friend liked the name Libby and we were kind of honoring her as well she is special to us, plus Libby fits her.

houzofarmybrats
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Aimee Rachelle-after my bff from high school Amy snd a penpal her dad had named Rachelle

Megan Grace-just loved Megan and Grace was my grandmas name

Lyric Aiden-Lyric because we wanted an unpopular name since my husband and I both have super popular names. Aiden because I love it but it was to popular to be his first name. His initials are LAD. My husband thought it would be cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 21, 2012 at 1:01 PM

My hubby and I just picked names that we liked.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Connor Jacob - Connor means "lover of hounds", and we wanted a J middle name because DH's name starts with J.

Teagan Anneliese - Teagan means "little poet" and Annaliese has the same meaning as my name, "grace".

Alexandra Claire - Alexandra means "defender" and Claire means "clear" or "pure".

Shellness
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Steven Andrew--I just loved

Marc Anthony--I just love again!

Hope Jeanette--her Grandmother and Great Grandmothers names

Jamie Ann--her Dad named her after Jamie Lee Curtis and my Dads name is James, and the Ann came from my sister's name.

tnnikkij
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Jeremiah - to seek out the word of God
Ava - bird
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Manth
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Athena Jacqueline: - Athena is the Greek goddess of War and Wisdom.  My husband is a war-gamer and super-smart (has a PhD in Physics) so naming her after one of his favourite goddesses seemed right.  Jacqueline is the name of the character I played in our Dungeons and Dragons campaign when we met so the Jacqueline is for me even though it is not actually a part of my legal name.

Ishtar Zenobia: - Ishtar is another War goddess, the Babylonian goddess of Love and War, Chaos and Destruction.  Her middle name, Zenobia is partly in honour of my husband's favourite woman in history (Queen Zenobia of Palmyra) and also to honour another member of our Dungeons and Dragon's campaign.

Can you see a pattern here?  We had several more 'Goddess' names paired with role-playing game names that we really liked.  Sadly I couldn't have any more children so Innanna Harmony, Minerva Meriander and the rest will never be used.  Unless our girls decide to follow the pattern with their own children.

kiki304
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:19 AM
My first dd's name is Krysta and we named her in. memory of my best friend who died from complications associated with bulimia. She was only 14 when she passed. My second dd's name is Gabby, and she was named after my Grandmother. My 1st ds name is Wyatt, after my DH's favorite cowboy, Wyatt Earp:) My 2nd ds's name is Matthew, named so, just because he looked like a Matthew when they layed him at my breast the minute he was born...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)