Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do you let your kids "sass" other adults?

Posted by   + Show Post
We all know the kids hit these per teen and teen years an the majority of them want to push the envelope on how much they can get away with.
If your teen smarted off to an adult friend of yours would you let them? Or would you say something?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Replies (41-50):
Madammeke
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:39 AM

No not us or other adults. 

Vee209
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:53 AM

My girl teases and jokes my boyfriend, but when the teasing is turned toward her, she takes it very seriously and gets mad.  She is starting to test my patience lately, and test her mouth!  I do not want her to sass an adult unless the adult says something completely wrong to her, such as "you're a liar".

TinaOW75
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends on the situation. I have never encouraged my kids to take crap from anyone. You would think that would mean they had less respect for others, totally not true. They just don't discriminate by age.

scherrie
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:14 PM

i would not let my kids sass any adult at all its all about respect they must learn this

CafeMom Tickers
chloesmommy777
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Heck no! If my daughter has a prob with an adult, she comes to me and I handle it like an adult. :)

alik1983
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:37 PM

H**L NO!  Then again, I don't allow her to be sassy to ANYONE, chidl or adult.

myhandsomelove
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM

no i expect my boys to be respectful, i would not like some ones kid to be disrespectful to me so why would i let my kid do the same to someone else??

Mthof3
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't let my kids sass or be disrespectful to any adult. I have always told them to have respect for everyone but if an adult is disrespecting you come and tell me and I will deal with it. I won't let any of my friends treat any of my children any ol type of way just as I wouldn't have my child do it either.

DianeJ40
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:30 AM

No for any normal situation.  My 10 year old had to defend himself against an abusive teacher at school but he didn't do it in a sassy way...any how, that is the only time it would be ok for them to talk back to an adult.

Karla67
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:10 AM

My children are expected to be respectful to adults (or anyone) regardless of the situation.  They do not have to take abuse from an adult but they are expected NOT to sink to a level of verbal disrespect.  How they handle themselves in difficult situation bears on their credibility and self respect and I expect them to handle themselves in an upright and honorable manner regardless of how others choose to act.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)