Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

This is why I go through my kids fb accounts

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:37 PM
  • 76 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do your kids have a fb account? Do you "monitor" it? How do you monitor it? Do you look through EVERYTHING? Do you read their messages from friends?

Well I do. Some of you may not agree with that but I just log on to her fb and she is talking to this guy and they are planning on sneaking out tonight.! I don't know what is going on with her?! She has a bad attitude with her step dad (my DH of course), she's lying to me (something she never used to do) and now she's sneaking around. I've grounded her, taken everything away from her to no avail. I don't know what else to do.

Any suggestions?

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:43 PM
???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smenjivar
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:47 PM

haha sorry I pushed enter too soon.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

???

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Mine are 18 and 20 and I don't.  I never did that much.  Why do they put these things on facebook?  Pretty dumb.  Ask her why she is doing these things?  Luckily my girls and dh and I never snuck out ever.  Just never even thought of doing it.  If I thought my girls would we would have hooked up our alarm system, pronto. 

smenjivar
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:53 PM

She is 15 and she didn't put it on her status it was a private message. i just went back on her fb and she has deleted their convo. My DH came to bring me lunch and when he got home that same boy came over to the house.

Quoting atlmom2:

Mine are 18 and 20 and I don't.  I never did that much.  Why do they put these things on facebook?  Pretty dumb.  Ask her why she is doing these things?  Luckily my girls and dh and I never snuck out ever.  Just never even thought of doing it.  If I thought my girls would we would have hooked up our alarm system, pronto. 

smenjivar
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:55 PM

oh and she's messaging him on fb because she broke her phone yesterday at the mall and fb is the only thing she has to talk with her friends.

Quoting smenjivar:

She is 15 and she didn't put it on her status it was a private message. i just went back on her fb and she has deleted their convo. My DH came to bring me lunch and when he got home that same boy came over to the house.

Quoting atlmom2:

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Take the phone and computer away till she can respect facebook and your rules.

starlight1968
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:00 PM

short of screwing her window shut or sleeping w/her I'm not sure what you can do to make her stay..

My dd is 14 and does not have a fb page.  She can only get on the internet here at home (she's a homebody and doesn't go to friends homes)and dh monitors the internet (he's IT so it's his "hobby") so we know she doesn't have one anyways.  We do monitor where she goes and so far it's been ok...

rkoloms
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:04 PM
When was the last time you had a real conversation with her? Ask her why she is being defiant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsBLB
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Why was he at your house?

BEXi
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM
5 moms liked this

Oooh I wouldnt have said anything. I wouldve waited outside her window or waited on the porch (whichever way she was planning on sneaking out) and catch her in the act.

You did the right thing by grounding her. I think parents should definitely monitor their childrens social networking accounts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN