Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

This is why I go through my kids fb accounts

Posted by   + Show Post

Do your kids have a fb account? Do you "monitor" it? How do you monitor it? Do you look through EVERYTHING? Do you read their messages from friends?

Well I do. Some of you may not agree with that but I just log on to her fb and she is talking to this guy and they are planning on sneaking out tonight.! I don't know what is going on with her?! She has a bad attitude with her step dad (my DH of course), she's lying to me (something she never used to do) and now she's sneaking around. I've grounded her, taken everything away from her to no avail. I don't know what else to do.

Any suggestions?

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Replies (71-76):
HairClipQueen
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

my daughter did this at your daughters age, she is now almost 18.  I would suggest block her facebook off of your computer.  Have a seperate resticted login for her, that you can access, you can monitor anything anyone does on that log in.  Get information on this kid that she is trying to sneek out on, and her friends in case she sneaks out.  collect friends numbers-- my daughter didnt like it when hubby called her friends to find out where she was and then phone their parents at 2 am.  find all the numbers without daughter knowing, for her saftey and in case you need to phone the police.  Good Luck mama!

babychola2010
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I hate to say this but u can try everything and anything to stop her from doing what she wants but no matter how hard u try shes still going to do it..... and with the smoking marijuana they do have drug test u can actually by at the drug stores thats what my mom did to me when she didn't believe me.....

babychola2010
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:30 AM

those drug test does work for almost any drugs u think she might be using......

DianeJ40
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you for keeping track of her on fb.  I check my daughter's fb as well.  I think you are doing all the right things.  Maybe check with her school and see if there is counseling available.

smenjivar
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:35 PM
She is currently in counseling at her school for another issue

Quoting DianeJ40:

Good for you for keeping track of her on fb.  I check my daughter's fb as well.  I think you are doing all the right things.  Maybe check with her school and see if there is counseling available.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hellraiser2010
by on May. 22, 2012 at 11:48 AM

My daughter just turned 13 and I haven't experienced boyfriends YET, thank God, but she does have a fb page and I wish I could break into it. lol.  My suggestion to you is a good old heart to heart.  Mother to daughter.  Lets the tears flow and get it all out.  You have to understand that she's 15 and growing up and is going to be interested in boys, BUT you have to make her understand that rules apply.  Hubby and I also just bought a 165 pound male German Rottwiler and own 5 German Shepherds, so you need to be prepared before you get out of your car at my house.   That will work for now!  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN