Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Hello from the suburbs of Chicago

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm a sahm with 3 teenaged, or soon to be, daughters.  My two oldest are 16 and 14.  My youngest will be 13 in a month and has acted like a teenager for the last 2 years or so, anyway.  They are good girls, for the most part.  It's the bickering and nastiness that I can't stand.  They tend to be highly critical about each other and it gets on my nerves.  And, they will debate about just about any little thing that crops up. ugggg!  They do seem to have improved lately and it gives me hope for the future but it's just so draining on me.  And, I hate to see them be so critical of each other.   

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Replies (11-19):
rkoloms
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Quoting luvmy3girls:

That's what Dalia did too.  My other two were tested for the classes and were going to take some but they never did take them.  We just never had the time whenever they offered classes that they were interested in.  Dalia is the most academic of the 3, anyway.  It is a beautiful campus.  My hubby is big into bike riding and I'm trying to improve my skills so we can go around there and ride along the lake.  It's so beautiful there.  We would often take Dalia to her class and bring the dog and walk him there while she was in class.

Do you live in Evanston?

Mthof3
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Hi I have the same issues with my children. I don't remember doing that with my younger sister but all three of my children (1 boy and 2 girls) do that to each other (17, 14, & 13). They could argue or bicker about any and everthing and it seems like it goes on for hours. It gets on my nerves but when they start I have told them and have started taking away priveliges.  I have noticed that they will stick up for each other though. I asked my son about that and he said only he can talk about his sisters and no one else. I guess that's a good thing but his logic is wharped.

graywife
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Hi!  Donna from Forest Park here.  I have an almost 14 years old teen who bickers with my 28 year old daughter all of the time. For us it's a "sisters" thing more than a teen thing. I'm super lucky that my oldest daughter lives in her house with her husband and my grandchildren so I don't have to listen to my girls bicker every day.  :-D

luvmy3girls
by on May. 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Quoting rkoloms:

Quoting luvmy3girls:

That's what Dalia did too.  My other two were tested for the classes and were going to take some but they never did take them.  We just never had the time whenever they offered classes that they were interested in.  Dalia is the most academic of the 3, anyway.  It is a beautiful campus.  My hubby is big into bike riding and I'm trying to improve my skills so we can go around there and ride along the lake.  It's so beautiful there.  We would often take Dalia to her class and bring the dog and walk him there while she was in class.

Do you live in Evanston?

No, We live in Elgin.  It's about an hours drive from Evanston but I think it's such a beautiful area.

amylulu1
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Welcome to the group.

I know exactly what you mean about the constant bickering and arguing.  It does get better, but it makes us want to pull our hair out in the meantime.  When my girls were teens I let them know that first and foremost I am not their referee AND I refuse to listen to them go back and forth.  They don't realize how stressful it is to listen to all that.  

drfink
by Emily on May. 7, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Welcome.

My teen boys 14 and 15 are the very best of friends AND the very worst of squabbling brothers...LOL...depends on the moment  ; )

Fortunately as puberty is subsiding so is the squabbling bit by bit.

PurpleHazey
by on May. 7, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Welcome!

02nana07
by Ida on May. 7, 2012 at 7:30 PM

welcome to cafemomhope you enjoy the group 

PurpleHazey
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Hello and welcome to the group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)