Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

PLEASE 13 year old daughter cutts herself.. what do i do?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 3:51 PM
  • 27 Replies

Please i really need some advice my daughter cutts herself and she wont talk to me.PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jess225
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:43 PM

So sorry you are dealing with this:(  The 1st thing you need to do is get her help ASAP. 

GentleGoddess
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:48 PM
It's scary and sad. But you would be best to send her to counseling. Someone who knows about self mutilation. It usually not about hurting themselves but about control or lack of. She definatley needs to talk to somebody. Then after awhile go with her and learn how to communicate with. How to respond and talk without guilty or damaging. It gets tricky with kids at this age, best to try to do everything to fix it now before it spirals out of control.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rkoloms
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

She needs to be seen by a therapist immediately. Contact a school counselor, or your family doctor, for a referral.

Please let us know how she is doing!

fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Instead of waiting on a therapist, I personally would find a hospital that could evaluate her immediately  instead of making an appointment for a therapist.  After the evaluation I would contact recommended therapist and have her see them.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I would take her to a therapist.

corinthians81
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM

So sorry for what you are going through...I agree it seems imaprative for her mental health,& well being,& yours for her to see a therapist...I also agree with taking her to the hospital to have her evaluated...Because you may have to wait before she can get in to see a therapist...Sending hugs,& positive thoughts for you and your daughter..

blondie805
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a 15 year old who is a cutter. First, you need to understand why she is doing it. Most kids who cut, cut because the pain in their hearts is so intense that they feel the need to let it out. Some are so numb from the pain, that they want to feel again. While others punish themselves for being a horrible human being (in their eyes). Get her into therapy NOW!. But, in the meantime, let her know that it's not acceptable behavior and that you are really concerned. Let her know that you love her and no matter what has happened in her life, you will always be there. And on another note, be good to yourself. Get counseling for yourself and don't judge yourself harshly. You are not to blame for this. Always remember that. Blessings and prayers!!

pinkyheather
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Get her into counseling asap. Do some research and find one in your area who specializes in cutting and get here an appointment immediately.

btamilee
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I think the ladies here have given you some wonderful advice.  Your daughter needs help, and the sooner the better.  Please keep us updated on how things are going....

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Get her counseling asap!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN