Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brag post

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this
DD got her report card yesterday. She got all A's. And next year for high school got into the honors program. I am so proud of her. She also worked hard last week over school vacation to clean her room. Ok it took 2 years for her to do it but she did and it looks great for the first time in years. She is such a great kid.
Now its your turn, Brag about your kid. What have they done great? Even if they are driving you crazy and have done the most imaginable thing you must beable to find something that makes you want to brag.
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Way to go!

PinkieRed
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:23 PM
That's really awesome! Great job to your daughter!

My 14 year old daughter is trying out for the football cheerleading squad, at her soon to be high school this week.

They had/have practice Monday, today, tomorrow, and then actual tryouts and notification if they made the team, on Saturday.

I'm proud of her just for trying out, whether she makes the team or not, because she has an anxiety disorder, and tends to be afraid to try new things. Also, she is not particularly athletic, so I am proud of her too, for getting up the courage to try out for a sports type activity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting PinkieRed:

That's really awesome! Great job to your daughter! My 14 year old daughter is trying out for the football cheerleading squad, at her soon to be high school this week. They had/have practice Monday, today, tomorrow, and then actual tryouts and notification if they made the team, on Saturday. I'm proud of her just for trying out, whether she makes the team or not, because she has an anxiety disorder, and tends to be afraid to try new things. Also, she is not particularly athletic, so I am proud of her too, for getting up the courage to try out for a sports type activity.

That is great. I hope she does make it. I did that at the same age as her, and no I did not make it. Keep us posted.
PinkieRed
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Thank you!

It's a very small Catholic school (a little less than 300 kids), and they have about 20 girls trying out.

I'm not sure how many slots they have open. A lot of the girls who are on the squad are graduating seniors, so they need replacements.

I told my daughter that if she doesn't make this squad, she can always try out for the basketball cheerleading squad when it's time.

She's also interested in bowling and soccer, and the school has teams for both, so I told her she can always try out for those, too. She's actually a pretty good bowler, much better than me.

And there's drama club, and other things she's interested in too, so I'm hoping she won't be too terribly disappointed if she doesn't make it for cheerleading.

Quoting Jessiejack:

Quoting PinkieRed:

That's really awesome! Great job to your daughter! My 14 year old daughter is trying out for the football cheerleading squad, at her soon to be high school this week. They had/have practice Monday, today, tomorrow, and then actual tryouts and notification if they made the team, on Saturday. I'm proud of her just for trying out, whether she makes the team or not, because she has an anxiety disorder, and tends to be afraid to try new things. Also, she is not particularly athletic, so I am proud of her too, for getting up the courage to try out for a sports type activity.

That is great. I hope she does make it. I did that at the same age as her, and no I did not make it. Keep us posted.
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats to your daughter!!

Let's see.   I am so proud of my 22 yr old.  He will graduate College this year with a Major in History and a minor in Computer Technologies.    He completed his BA in 4 yrs, while working, as well.  I am so proud of the man he has become. 

I am proud of my 18 yr old son, as well.  It has been a rough year with him, but he is taking care of business!   I don't agree with his lifestyle choices, but I do respect his persistance in following his own path.   I am very proud that he has decided to go to College. 

Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Quoting boys2men2soon:

Let's see.   I am so proud of my 22 yr old.  He will graduate College this year with a Major in History and a minor in Computer Technologies.    He completed his BA in 4 yrs, while working, as well.  I am so proud of the man he has become. 

I am proud of my 18 yr old son, as well.  It has been a rough year with him, but he is taking care of business!   I don't agree with his lifestyle choices, but I do respect his persistance in following his own path.   I am very proud that he has decided to go to College. 

That is so great your son will be graduating college. My DD loves history also. Not sure where she gets it. I am not a history person at all.
Good for you on staying proud even though you don't agree. I am glad that son #2 will be going to college. What will he be studying? Or does he not know yet?
boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Quoting Jessiejack:

Quoting boys2men2soon:

That is so great your son will be graduating college. My DD loves history also. Not sure where she gets it. I am not a history person at all.
Good for you on staying proud even though you don't agree. I am glad that son #2 will be going to college. What will he be studying? Or does he not know yet?

I was terrible in History!  My son has always loved it.  He is a fountain of information....complete with dates.  Lol.   He is thinking about getting a second degree in Library Sciences or a Masters, because he would like to be a librarian.

Son #2 is looking into Computer Sciences....video game design, specifically.   His second choice is Physics.  I am beyond relieved that he has decided to go!     My sons are polar opposites!

drfink
by Emily on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations to your daughter.

Mine have all attended a magnet academic program K-12.The older two have said it was hard but well worth it.They got into their college choices and freshman year was not really hard.They were well prepared.

We just got the letter accepting my eighth grader ...whew...thought he would ,he has the highest g.p.a at this point of all four but was still nervous.What if he hadn't and the others had.

At this point it is looking like my ninth grader will finish the year with an "A" average.He made Varsity Theater Production , The A team for JV LAX next year and placed in several Debate tournaments Not a surprise he could sell sand in a desert. ; ) .He is a happy kid .

Our eighth grader got in the high school program.Has an 'A' average ,has second lead in the end of year play The Music Man,his team took second at state for Science Olympiad and he came in third in the regional track meet for the mile.His running is more cross country than dashes so we were surprised and happy.He is happy.

My 21 yo will be on the Deans List again.She has decided to switch nursing programs and finish her BSN in our state.She wants to go to grad school here so is coming back to our state.YAY she will be just a few hours away.She told us last week she had been accepted and was moving back...I was so happy ...she tells me don't I understand she will be leaving some of her friends??? I asked her did she want me to be sad she was coming closer???? ,I was confused ,she started laughing.; )

Our 27 yo finishes grad school in Aug. : )

He will be deployed  again after Christmas sometime : (

Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:06 AM
Quoting drfink:

Congratulations to your daughter.

Mine have all attended a magnet academic program K-12.The older two have said it was hard but well worth it.They got into their college choices and freshman year was not really hard.They were well prepared.

We just got the letter accepting my eighth grader ...whew...thought he would ,he has the highest g.p.a at this point of all four but was still nervous.What if he hadn't and the others had.

At this point it is looking like my ninth grader will finish the year with an "A" average.He made Varsity Theater Production , The A team for JV LAX next year and placed in several Debate tournaments Not a surprise he could sell sand in a desert. ; ) .He is a happy kid .

Our eighth grader got in the high school program.Has an 'A' average ,has second lead in the end of year play The Music Man,his team took second at state for Science Olympiad and he came in third in the regional track meet for the mile.His running is more cross country than dashes so we were surprised and happy.He is happy.

My 21 yo will be on the Deans List again.She has decided to switch nursing programs and finish her BSN in our state.She wants to go to grad school here so is coming back to our state.YAY she will be just a few hours away.She told us last week she had been accepted and was moving back...I was so happy ...she tells me don't I understand she will be leaving some of her friends??? I asked her did she want me to be sad she was coming closer???? ,I was confused ,she started laughing.; )

Our 27 yo finishes grad school in Aug. : )

He will be deployed  again after Christmas sometime : (

Those are all wonderful things to be proud of. My DD also plays lacrosse. She made it on her summer team so we will be doing a lot of traveling this summer. Sounds like you have some very very smart kids.
harmony7
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations to your daughter! That is wonderful!

I am just proud of my boys because they stay true to themselves and their strong abiding faith. They do not compromise their principals yet they are very popular at school. They are mentors to our three younger adopted boys and leaders among their peers. They both maintain GPAs of 3.92 and 3.87. The 18 year old will attend the college of his choice on full scholarship. They are both accomplished athletes as well.

The three younger boys are changing..trying me but you can see huge changes from where they were just two years ago. Two steps forward and one step back but so proud of them for working hard to Get it and grow and mature. Proud of the middle one for overcoming some of his fears. He is becoming an accomplished horseman and will be able to show later this summer if he continues the good progress. Proud of the younger one for working hard to make good grades and keep a good attitude through a very difficult oral surgery and then braces at such a young age.

They are all just good kids with big hearts.

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with six still at home!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)