Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Would you buy your son condoms?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM
  • 171 Replies
1 mom liked this

Would you provide your son 15 and older with condoms if you suspected he was having sex or know he was having sex or may have it. Of course, along with "the talk" etc.  I always said and thought I never would when friends with older boys told me they had.  I may have even been secretly appalled.  With that said I have changed my mind with my now almost 16 yr old.  Just wondering what others have or think they would do.

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lnrmom
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:36 AM
30 moms liked this

Yes. I'd rather buy condoms than diapers.

Not_A_Native
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting lnrmom:

Yes. I'd rather buy condoms than diapers.

Exactly what I was going to say.  And I would have had the talk WAY sooner (like when he was 10 or 11), and let him know they were available THEN.

rkoloms
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:54 AM
3 moms liked this

If he isn't mature enough to buy them himself, he has no business having sex. That said, better to buy condoms than ruin lives

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

We would have had talks long before age 15 about not having sex so young.  I have girls that are 18 and 21 and luckily we never had to have the sex talk as in them having sex in HS.  It was always them saying they were waiting, thank goodness. 

I would have a hard time just because he would be having sex with someone's dd that was 14, 15 or 16 probably.  Having girls, I think of it that way. 

He wouldn't be out alone if I was suspecting he wanted to have sex. 

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:09 AM
7 moms liked this

Nope, at 16 I took mine to the store we stood in the condom isle and discussed options available then I walked with him to the front of the store where he used his money to buy his first box. I figured if he could do it with mom standing right beside him doing it any other time would be a breeze. Same for my DD's, now if they gave me the money and I was out and about I would, but financially it is their responsibility.

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:11 AM
2 moms liked this

This is my thought process when it comes to my boys. That is someone's DD, and I have raised my boys to treat the girl in their life like they would want a boy to treat their sister.

Quoting atlmom2:

I would have a hard time just because he would be having sex with someone's dd that was 14, 15 or 16 probably.  Having girls, I think of it that way. 

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I would and I have.   Better safe than sorry.

Jerzymom
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:40 AM

hmm  that's a tough one. As much as I would not buy them because I don't want them having sex. On the other hand If they are having sex, I would want THEM to be responsible for their actions. Everything comes with a consequence.  What you do today affects what happens tomorrow.

Thank God my boys are only 12 and I don't have to worry about that...yet.

Msgme
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:45 AM

yes I would and have.  I don't t hink he is sexually active but he has them  just incase.  He's 15 and he's had one kinda girlfriend.  she was in his class 16 and when they met she was pregnant with child #2.   As soon as I found out they were talking to eachother i gave him condoms and antoher cpl of "talks"

LancesMom
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:47 AM
4 moms liked this

welcomeNice to meet you! Yes I would and I'd whip out a condom and a banana and teach him how to use it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)