Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Would you buy your son condoms?

Posted by   + Show Post

Would you provide your son 15 and older with condoms if you suspected he was having sex or know he was having sex or may have it. Of course, along with "the talk" etc.  I always said and thought I never would when friends with older boys told me they had.  I may have even been secretly appalled.  With that said I have changed my mind with my now almost 16 yr old.  Just wondering what others have or think they would do.

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Replies (21-30):
3rd2bedue
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:16 PM

No, because there would be no need. I would make it my business to know if my sons were sexually active or not. If they found it appealing enough to not listen to reason, (we would discuss it of course, & upon going against my wishes)- i would then find it very appealing to send them to a military academy asap! I dont compromise my parenting. 

andersongirl562
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I absolutely would just like I would put my daughter on birth control when she decides she needs to be...whether they are having sex, thinking about having sex or just want to be prepared I have had very open and  honost conversations with my children and I think they are comfortable enough with me that they will let me know when they need to have birthcontrol way before it ever becomes necassary.

Holztastic
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I would rather he pay for them himself, but if he didn't have a job and was still intent on having sex, yes I would buy them.

wife_of_a_wenis
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM

i would do it for both my dd and ds. i plan on having the period talk early with dd because i started early. and also the bc talk fairly early after that. its their own personal decision when they are ready and i want them to be prepared. i waited until i was 19 to have sex, had my first baby by 20. no one had the talk with me.

we are raising our kids to know that you shouldnt be ashamed of your body, and sex is natural and okay, as long as your old enough to make that decision. they just need to be educated and have bc ready.

andersongirl562
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Jerzymom:

hmm  that's a tough one. As much as I would not buy them because I don't want them having sex. On the other hand If they are having sex, I would want THEM to be responsible for their actions. Everything comes with a consequence.  What you do today affects what happens tomorrow.

Thank God my boys are only 12 and I don't have to worry about that...yet.

There are 12 and 13 yr old boys in my daughter's school who have had sex.

burch731
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Yes i most certainly will when my boys get older. I will also get my daughter birth control & condoms too.
lauriebash
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:38 PM
3 moms liked this

We have 19 and 16yo boys. Yes, we have bought them. My husband is a plumber. He was working at a clients home that happened to be a retired gynecologist. He has worked for him for many years. He and his wife also have 2 boys. He said he used to bring home cases of condom samples and keep them in the boy's bathroom. They were in individual little cardboard packets to hand out as samples.When both of the boys moved out, he and his wife were surprised that not a single one was missing, after many years. They found out differently when they discovered that the little cardboard covers of each condom was still in the boxes, but the condoms were all gone. Making it look like the boxes were full. He found it hysterical. I found it a bit disturbing that his boys went through cases of them! haha

FindersKeepers
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Good for you! 

It is great logic that if he could do it in front of you, the next time would be easier.   I don't think I would be so together.... I would probably be blushing more than my DS at the register.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

Nope, at 16 I took mine to the store we stood in the condom isle and discussed options available then I walked with him to the front of the store where he used his money to buy his first box. I figured if he could do it with mom standing right beside him doing it any other time would be a breeze. Same for my DD's, now if they gave me the money and I was out and about I would, but financially it is their responsibility.

mrjonesii
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I don't have any sons but if I did I wouldn't buy them.  Pre-matial sex is against my belief therefore I won't help/support it.  Same goes for my daughters.

crissysworld
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Hell no. My stepson knows what would happen if he ever got a girl pregnant and he knows about condoms, other birth control, std's, teen pregnancy and the whole nine yards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN