Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you buy your son condoms?

Posted by   + Show Post

Would you provide your son 15 and older with condoms if you suspected he was having sex or know he was having sex or may have it. Of course, along with "the talk" etc.  I always said and thought I never would when friends with older boys told me they had.  I may have even been secretly appalled.  With that said I have changed my mind with my now almost 16 yr old.  Just wondering what others have or think they would do.

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Replies (151-160):
MommyNyx
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Honestly, I've thought long and hard about it since my son was born, and I would. I'd rather he have them readily available than risk both his life and (potentially) someone else's.

jmtzcl1022
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I absolutely would, I just asked for some similar advise but it involved putting my 13 daughter on b.c.

I took my daughter to see a gyno to put her on BC on April 18, everything came back great, took her today for a routine physical and found out she had caught an std in 8 days, she decided to sneak off do what she did, swears first and only time they never used a condom. My point is yes, yes, yes!!!! It could maybe save your son from STD, Aids..and I thought my biggest worry was preventing pregnancy. Just to let you know not sure where you live?, but some places and insurance company's will help cover condoms or even give them to you for free. I wish you nothing but luck!!!!

Lisse_2006
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:34 PM

My son is only 5, but yes I would. Better safe than sorry! Lots of sex talks before then tho!

Lewys
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:27 PM

there is no way I would buy them for him, by buying them for him it tells him that you are ok with him having premarital sex and support what he is doing,

A teens thinking does not work the way you guys are all thinking, He does not see it as you saying son I want you to be safe, he see it as you saying son I support you in your decision to  have sex at such a young age and just to show my support here is a box of condoms now go and have fun.

Nope not in my home my son will never get condoms bought for him because we do not support premarital sex and he knows it.

now does that mean he is never going to have premarital sex a mother can only hope. however if he does have sex he then is old enough to know what a condom is and can get one himself I will never support him in such a decision,

Mama2ETA
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:38 AM

you've been buying condoms for your child since he was early 14? 

Quoting flprincessmom:

I do & will continue to because I want him to practice safe sex .......he will be 16 in November & I have been for about a year now......

Mama2ETA
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:41 AM

hand my kid a condom and I'd be flipping shit on you. when they're old enough to have sex (take care of a baby) they arent trick or treating any more. Love the class of your condom locations lol

Quoting lannied:

don't need to they are already on the coffee table in the living room(around a candle actually rather cute) and in the bathroom everyone who comes into the house knows where they are and that they are free for the taking.  there are also a coupple packs of plan b in the bathroom just incase never say i don't do my part. heck i'm also the crazy lady who hands them out with candy on halloween after 9pm (really i know what they are doing sure you can have candy take this too... use it as a balloon  use it throw it away i don't care but don't say you didnt have a chance to get one free

hulbertzoo
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I absolutely would! I offerred when my son was younger. No sense putting your head in the sand. No amount of talking about abstinance will pop in their heads when their hormones are going strong. Neither he nor she need a baby at that age. Buying condoms is better than a baby or STD!

pj2becca21
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 5:15 AM

Oh yeah i would if i had a son!!!! I'm will buy them for my duaghter when she turns 15 ( she 3 now). I don't care if she has sex or if she get pregnant young. Just no stds please. I'm a teen mom and if the cycle continuse okay i'm fine with that. if not that cool to just as long as she has safe sex with a condom. that all that matters to me 

Framascam
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:15 AM

I would indeed provide my son with condoms and have discussed their use and the responsibilities of their being used hopefully a couple of years younger. 

dawnbradley
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Buy them. Buy them for him. I did for my son. I Put them on his desk, when I suspected him of maybe wanting to have sex. They need to be safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)