Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you buy your son condoms?

Posted by   + Show Post

Would you provide your son 15 and older with condoms if you suspected he was having sex or know he was having sex or may have it. Of course, along with "the talk" etc.  I always said and thought I never would when friends with older boys told me they had.  I may have even been secretly appalled.  With that said I have changed my mind with my now almost 16 yr old.  Just wondering what others have or think they would do.

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Replies (31-40):
crissysworld
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Quoting lnrmom:

Yes. I'd rather buy condoms than diapers.

I won't buy either. Its called they need to be responsible for their own actions.

my name is crista, wife to kevin, stepmom to dillon, Proud Fostermom, i lost my job thanks to Chrysler and am looking for a new one  and go to college part time. ttc our first with pcos since september 2000, fertility is a very sensitive issue for me. i am prolife, believe in cio, vaccinating and will formula feed.

mitchiesgirl
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Seeing as my son is only 10 I don't want to think about it, but I asked my DH and he says yes he would.

OHgirlinCA
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Yes!

flprincessmom
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I do & will continue to because I want him to practice safe sex .......he will be 16 in November & I have been for about a year now......

erika9009
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, and my teen daughter too. She may cave to her bf or her urges.  As said above, I'd rather buy condoms than diapers.

Erika..

Children are a blessing and are never inconvenient.............

TheFringe
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:52 PM

have done so and will continue to do so if asked. i'm not ready to be a nana yet

daisytr5
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes yes! I think that every parent should teach their child to be responsible. My son is only 5 but I will definenlty do this! It is better to buy them condoms than to get a girl pregnant. It does both ways. Boy and girls need to learn to protect themselves! I was only 19 when I got pregnant with my son and became a single mom. I wouldn't change it him for the world but it presented challenges that could have been avoided.

outtamymynd
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:55 PM
My husband did for our 16 y/o son. I was torn and wasn't crazy about the idea but I suppose he knows what he's doing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Most?definitely! if he becomes?serious with a girl...no doubt I would!
blessedmom1978
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this

My son is 15 and yes if i knew was having sex I would.  Even if you don't want your kids to have sex they will do it anyways. I want my son to be smart and not become a father or get some diease.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)