Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Help!

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:47 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am the mother of three Children ages 12,14 and 18.  The youngest is fine no issues so far.  The middle one wow where to start.  She was a normal loving child until the age of 10 when she became sick with Cyclic Vomitng only so severe no doctor knew how to deal with her vomiting for 7-14 days straight.  She was admitted in and out of hospitals with no cure and all tests normal..they though she was crazy basically and gave her depression meds and sent her to shrinks.  It is 4 years later and she went from blond haired to black hair and dark clothes very goth.  She is beyond angry.  Still sufferes terrible headaches but the vomiting has improved it only lasts 1-3 days now.  But two years ago she started talking about hearing voices and seeing things.  They were telling her to do bad things.  I got her help by checking her into several hospitals the last two years.  She takes her meds but they never help.  She is a self harmer and uses lighters,ice cubes and salt and cutting blades to harm herself.  She has poked things through her ears until the bleed.  She has tried to commit Suicide twice by taking 28 tylenols pills not recently 48 pills.  She runs away she cusses she has had sex with 18 year olds and drank  Vodka and smokes cigs and pot.  I do not know about other drugs.  She has decided to stop living with her father and moved in with me.  I am blogged down with appointments because she is sick so much the school,social workers and juvinile are on my case threatning to take her away.  She says she hears voices that tell her to do awful things like stand over me with a knife and choke her little sister.  She says she wants to murder her father.  Hence why she is no longer there.  He got so fed up with her sneaking out 4 times a week he lashed out and hit her several times.  All this behavior has been done while at her fathers house.  At my home I have not had these issues so far.  I did however find a lighter in her room today empty.  I check her room for weapons and hide all meds.  My oldest is graduating next month...trying to afford the clothes he needs for that...not sure how I can afford them.  I have spent so much on his invitations and other stuff I am broke.  I gave up my job before Christmas because of my middle child.  I need to go back to work but not sure how to do that.  Day shifts don't end till 5...she does not come home off the bus...she pulls crap all the time.  middle shift not here for the kids...over night seems most ideal but she can sneak out and there is nobody here to make sure she get's on the bus for school.  I feel helpless and my car is breaking down I need money for a new one.  I can't afford to hire a babysitter...and my son is going off to the military.  He refused to apply for any colleges so if the military does not work for him I don't know what he will do.  He refused to help himself either....he is terribly lazy and I hope the military will help him.  I am overwelmed and tired....any advice or just someone to listen would be helpful.

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
amonkeymom
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:39 PM

welcome

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:31 PM

No real advice other then if her med's aren't working it's time to try a different type. It can take a LONG time to find the right combination, keep going back until you have found the right combination.

rkoloms
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Keep taking her to doctors until you find one who can help. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsBLB
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Keep up what you are doing.  Ask the people that are on your case to help you.

Thrift shops for clothes.

PinkieRed
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry!

I have a severely mentally ill older brother who refuses to take any medication or go to counseling, even though he desperately needs both, and it is very hard to deal with, and beyond frustrating.

Have you looked into an inpatient program for your daughter? I mean other than a short term hospital stay? If she is harming herself and threatening to harm others, or has done so already, she needs immediate help.

Some cities have a mental health crisis hotline you can call for help. Check with your local United Way - they can help you find some resources.

Good luck to you and your family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monsita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:45 AM

So sorry! good luckDo not give up GIVING ALL YOUR CHILDREN LOVE....you are doing what is right....keep on investigating how much more you can do for them BESIDES GIVING THEM MEDICATION......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN