Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

I really need some help with this one!!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

My seventeen year old son has his first real girl friend this year and has been looking forward to prom next weekend. The problem comes in that he just got his drivers' license 2 weeks ago.... and in the state of Indiana his license is probationary for 6 months. He's not allowed to drive with anyone else in the vehicle unless there is an adult with him and he's not allowed to drive after 10pm. So this basically boils down to him not being able to drive to prom and apparently its all my fault. Its my fault that he was 17 before he got his license (he had to get a job and earn money to pay for his insurance before he could get it) and apparently I'm just being completely unreasonable because its not "illegal unless he gets caught". He was up all night throwing things, been incredibly mouthy and all around a little brat. I'm standing my ground with this..... illegal is illegal. I didn't have a problem with him borrowing the vehicle, but i'm not going to be responsible legally and financially and I'll be damned if I'm going to help him break the law!!! Am i being completely unreasonable about this???? He's acting like a whiney little drama queen and his anger is a bit scary. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:10 AM
Replies (41-42):
rwblake2011
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Hold your ground its about safety and if God forbid he did take the car and something did happen you would be at fault and guilty beyond belief!

Wantn1more
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Bump for update and question on new post..... Sorry, couldn't edit on my phone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN