Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

15 year old pregnant - I need some advice/help/support/a beer.....

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM
  • 81 Replies

My 15 year old daughter informed me that she is pregnant last night. I was just so sad/mad/upset/hurt/confused.  I cried for a long time. I asked her how she knew..she went to a clinic and got a pregnancy test and an ultrasound. She said she is about 7 weeks.  This is weighing heavy on me and I feel like i have just aged 100 years...I never thought this would happen. She is a good, smart kid.  Her and her boyfriend have been together about 9 months. I spoke with my husband about it.  I told her we loved her no matter what and that she and her boyfriend needed to really talk about the choice they wanted to make and we would support their decision. ....She and her boyfriend told me today that they think the best decision is to have an abortion. I have always been pro-life and this is really tearing my soul apart. But It is not my choice. This is a decision they are going to have to live with for the rest of their lives. But I am going to carry around this huge amount of guilt too....I am lost. I am 37 years old. I don't want to raise any more children. I chose not to have any more. Every decision seems to be the wrong option.....

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Emy520
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM

WOW.. i dont know what to say.I would feel the same way you do...it is their decision on what they want to do. I am sorry ur going thru this but hang in there...  sending HUGS ur way. Hope all turns out well for you all.

gabyangy
by Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:35 AM

You have to give her credit for telling you.  I hope the best for you and your daughter.  I think she is making a wise decision.  I had my son at 17.

LoisJames
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I just can't stop crying. My husband is crushed. My youngest son (12) knows something is going on but we haven't told him anything. I am afraid she will have tremendous guilt to carry; afraid people will find out at school (because they always find out things) and give her grief and say terrible things to her....Like I said, I am pro-life. So this is really tough. They couldnt' possibly support a child. Neither have a job.  they seem convinced this is what they want. It is just super tough. And we still have to tell his parents. They are religious so I am not sure how this is going to go down. Emy520 - thanks for the hugs. 

jinxmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:44 AM

im sorry

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

It is her decision.  Support whatever she decides.  She will have guilt if she keeps a baby she doesn't want also. 

LoisJames
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:06 PM

I know. We have told her that we will support whatever decision they make. I am glad that I am in this group because support and feedback really seem to help. 

rinaann
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I was 15 when i had my son. My mom tried to force so many things on her and now years later I really resent her for it. 

I understand the hurt and disappointment, but you should be there to support her decision. Make sure she has a lot of information on all options so that she can make the decision that is best for her and then stand behind her and be supportive 

mommysboys123
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Wow - I am so sorry mama......I commend you for being there for her no matter what.  I hear of so many that just wash their hands of their teens when they get pregnant.

I agree that it is her decision.  Just make sure she has all of the information to make an informed decision!!!  Good luck, sending prayers and hugs your way!!

bizzeemom2717
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
(((Hugs))) its tough. Glad you are there to support your daughter, best thing you could do right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM
8 moms liked this

I'm sorry about the news but at least she told you.  Instead of abortion, did you discuss with her adoption?  You said you were prolife.  Typical adoptions of infants include the prenatal care and post natal care of your daughter.  This way she does not have to be burdened with guilt in the future and know that she gave something wonderful to a couple who couldn't have their own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN