Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son is loaded with stretch marks!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:23 PM
  • 14 Replies

Mr I can lift 350 lbs  is getting stretch marks so bad on his chest, hips and arms...looks so bad he has gained 45 lbs of muscle in 5 months but yet he is so proud of them. No he is all natural he just spends to much time in the gym.

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:30 PM

My DD has them from loosing 80+ pounds and when she had her belly button pierced the guy thought she had recently had a baby...ya, he ate his words.

My son on the other had would be like your boy. He is forever in the gym and he is well built he just has to work really hard for what he has cause his metabolism is so high.

momofne
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow I guess I never thought of boys getting stretch marks.

Jessiejack
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:07 PM
My DD has them and she has never gained or lost a lot of weight. She is very average. They told me it was from growing so fast.
suesues
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:46 AM

My son is 6 ft tall very thin and full of strech marks and doesnt lift but does do alot of exercise they do to much to fast he is 20 now and marked for life

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Quoting momofne:

Wow I guess I never thought of boys getting stretch marks.

Anyone can get them when they gain weight.  My FIL weighed 350 for most of his life.  He had tons of stretch marks.  Some are more prone than others.  I was lucky not to have many.  My best friend was told by her nurse when she had her son, she had the worst stretch marks ever. 

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

orngblsm
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I think you should call your doctor and ask him about the 45 lbs. in 5 months.  I'm sorry, that is not normal even if he spends eight hours a day, six days a week, working out.  If he had normal muscle development, he wouldn't be getting stretch marks that badly.  If it was me, I would have him medically checked for steriod abuse. 

wish2bdifferent
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:16 PM

My son had stretchmarks and was so upset. We went to numerous doctors about it.  Nothing could be done.  He won't remove his shirt, etc.  He gained weight too fast plus was lifting weights.  This was horrifying for him but he was only 14 or 15.  Now he has stopped lifting weights and has lost about 90lbs. I never see him without a shirt on so I dont' know if they have subsided or not.  Be glad you son is not horrified and embarrassed.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Quoting Jessiejack:

My DD has them and she has never gained or lost a lot of weight. She is very average. They told me it was from growing so fast.

This is what my doctor told me when I got them as a teen. I wasn't overweight nor did I lose any weight at that time.

The other ones I have are primarily from my first pregnancy :/

mahalalove27
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:28 PM

My husband has some on his hips from a growth spurt, and no he is not heavy in anyway at all, he just grew really fast. They are super light but he has some.

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Stretch marks are strange beasts!!!     Both of my sons have them on their backs and shoulders.....from carrying backpacks!!  They have faded over time, but they are definately noticeable.

Funny thing is; I do not have any.   I guess my skin has more elastisity?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)