Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My son is being considered for Semi Pro Football

Posted by   + Show Post

Austin is 17 and is very much into weight lifting and football, so today the owner of a Semi Pro Football team was watching him weight lifting at the gym.  Austin was approached by a man who was wearing a mercenary football cap and he asked Austin how old he was and how much school he had to go before he was out of school because he wants him to play semi pro he told Austin he can not play until he is 18, Austin will not be 18 until Oct. and football is in season now so what he told Austin is to contact him and he gave Austin his card. He told Austin he can not believe how much Austin can lift at 17 he told Austin he is promised. Austin has been watched for a long time now and by many higher ups it seems like once a week he is being asked about something different but Austins heart is football so this made his day!

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Replies (11-20):
drfink
by Emily on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:42 PM

That is fantastic ,have yall looked at community colleges or 4 year colleges with football teams ?He will be seen by scouts for both 4 year colleges and pro teams much more often.

I unable to find the link ...a different computer but you can google the NCCA page .This will tell yall what college scouts can do and how to keep anything that could disqualify Austin from happening.It was a very helpful site when Golf coaches were scouting and wooing my daughter for their colleges.

02nana07
by Ida on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:32 PM

That is great he can do something he is passionate about after graduation

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:09 PM

how exciting!!!     Congrats to you both!

Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Congrats to Austin!!

Cindy

Eddy_G
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Fantastic - I bet he is bouncing happy

JustShawna
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:59 PM

my son's dream is to play ball professionally -- I think he'd even play semi-pro..that's just what he wants to be and do! We are talking to him about other options because dreams like those aren't always a reality. :/

Congrat's to your son! That's really awesome!!

wish2bdifferent
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Awesome!  So wish my boy would still have an interest in football.  I loved to see him play. 

PurpleHazey
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Quoting dawnbradley:

Cool! Tell him.......choices r wonderful.

They sure are wonderful...Austin works very hard on weight lifting and he studies Football daily he can about call anything when it comes to football. He has the heart!

PurpleHazey
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting JustShawna:

my son's dream is to play ball professionally -- I think he'd even play semi-pro..that's just what he wants to be and do! We are talking to him about other options because dreams like those aren't always a reality. :/

Congrat's to your son! That's really awesome!!

You got that right, But heck he is a great kid I mean he jogs every night 3 miles and about every other day he is at the gym 3 to 4 hours and weekends are at least 5 to six hours a day. If anybody has the will it is Austin.

PurpleHazey
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Quoting drfink:

That is fantastic ,have yall looked at community colleges or 4 year colleges with football teams ?He will be seen by scouts for both 4 year colleges and pro teams much more often.

I unable to find the link ...a different computer but you can google the NCCA page .This will tell yall what college scouts can do and how to keep anything that could disqualify Austin from happening.It was a very helpful site when Golf coaches were scouting and wooing my daughter for their colleges.

Oh yes we are looking at every angle..He studies the NCCA page daily and I am not kidding you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN