Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My son lied about assault, CPS called

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:57 PM
  • 28 Replies

I have a 13 year old son. My husband and I have been having problems with his behavior and compulsive lying soon after we moved to this new area. On Friday, my son came home almost an hour late from school. My husband stopped at home a few minutes after my son arrived home to check in on us as he was enroute to another job site. He confronted my son as to why he was late yet again this week. My son strang together some lies which we weren't buying about staying after for extra credit at school. My son got confrontational and stood up and got in my husband's face. Basically my husband continued to scold him and told him to sit down. My son wanted to leave and didn't want to hear it and my husband held him down on the couch until he was done telling him what he wanted him to hear ( the whole time my son was kicking him, and trying to fight him off). My husband left to go back to work. My son was so very upset at the whole situation (not being able to leave as he ususally does, and got grounded longer). He told me he was mad and was leaving. I told him not to. He did anyway. Well, 20 min. or so afterward I saw an ambulance and police cars pass by. I instantly thought of him and was hoping he did not do something to himself or gotten into a fight with someone. I went over to check, and my son was in his friend's house. His lower jaw was cocked to the side of his face. I asked, "what happened!?" (thinking he got into a fight). The officer told me, that my husband apparently punched him in the face and that he may have a broken jaw. I knew he was lying. My daughter and I was there the entire time in the same room, and my husband has NEVER hit him. I brought him to the E.R. and caught him time and time again forgetting to keep his jaw to the side. While in the nurse area I secretly video taped him talking, playing with his lip, smiling, etc. and then the nurse walked in and his jaw magically goes sideways again. Hours later my son wants to go home, and wants something to eat but can't because the Doc's are still waiting on xrays and what not. I leave the room, come back and he states that he must've "popped it back in". The docs discharge him and say he must've had a dislocated jaw. Cps will be here tomorrow. I just don't know what to do, don't know how to treat my son when he comes home. I'm upset, hurt, sad...etc. I can't imagine what my husband is going through. The police told him to turn himself in on Monday for assault on a household member. STRESSED!!

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wantn1more
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Is this step dad? This is a tough one and I'm sorry you're going through it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tconnors331
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:05 PM

OMG I AM SO SORRY THAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH THIS. GOOD LUCK (((HUGS)))

peacheylady
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow sweetie, I have no words to ease your stress. Im so sorry you are going through this. But I will say that I would most def show the video from the ER. Keeping you in my prayers. Good luck dear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:09 PM

don't worry about it.... CPS will not do anything, they will investigate, tell the truth that your husband held him down to control his erratic behavior and how your son lied, kicked, etc and went to a friends house to make it all up.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh.... and assult on a household member.... I'd be damned if I would allow that to stick... but tell him to go down, "turn himself in" get a lawyer and get it dropped... I would also turn the tables on your son and "counter suit" for loss of wages, defimation of character, filing a false police report, using emergency services for personal gain, etc

Sounds to me like your son needs to be taught a lession

Thelmama
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Just tell them exactly what you said here. Medical records and xrays will back it up.  Although, I do suggest counseling for your son and perhaps family counseling as well. Good luck and lots of hugs.

Cara5
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Do you have a hard core boys school near you... one of those millitary style boot camp schools?  Take him up for a visit and explain that if he makes another attempt to put dad/step dad in jail then you will put him in school-jail. 

boys2men2soon
by Kimberly on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Good luck!     

PurpleHazey
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I know twins who have pulled that on their mother a few times and they would laugh about it after CPS showed up at the door. I Tell you what I would of beat their asses than call CPS to come and pick them up. Those girls were rotten and one of them just beat up their mom in february and is now in the court system. I would get him help before he comes up with more stuff.

PurpleHazey
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Thelmama:

Just tell them exactly what you said here. Medical records and xrays will back it up.  Although, I do suggest counseling for your son and perhaps family counseling as well. Good luck and lots of hugs.

You said it very well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN